1Password for Safari asking for password every time on iOS 16.1 or later

2»

Comments

• zffxvrzffxvr
    Community Member

This has stopped working again as of today. Not sure what’s changed, but the extension is not showing an option for Face ID on my iPad.

• jfordthompsonjfordthompson
    Community Member

This has also broken for me again :(

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member
    edited November 25

Thank you to everyone who sent in a diagnostics report, it helps us to identify and track potential issues for our developers to investigate. If you're already in conversation with the team over email then please continue working with us there. 🙂

@zffxvr

I've sent you an email so that we can dig deeper into what might be going wrong on your device. Let's continue the conversation there.

ref: VQQ-73484-163

@jfordthompson and @evtee

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#18709

• KaPOWitsCHRISKaPOWitsCHRIS
    Community Member

This has broken for me again too. I tried setting the timeout period to 1 week as well and that didn’t work. Reinstalling the app has resorted the functionality for now… I sent diagnostics prior to reinstall.

• glennbtnglennbtn
    Community Member

HI All

Since installing the latest iOS version I can't use Face ID when I need to login with Safari when I need to click the little puzzle looking icon in the browser bar. If I launch 1password from the app, Face ID login in straight away but not on Safari. I have checked the settings and can't seem to find anything useful. In the app I do have ReAuthorize set at 2 weeks

Thanks

Glenn

1Password Version: 8.9.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 16.1.1
    Browser:_ Safari

• mariusatkinsonmariusatkinson
    Community Member

Yes! This! This right here!!!! Fix this!!!!!

• Monkey121Monkey121
    Community Member

+1 just updated to iOS 16.1.1 and faceId isn’t a option when in the extension in safari.
    I have tried the suggested step but no luck

• ahankinsahankins
    Community Member

I came here for the same issue. I sent in a report according to the instructions and did receive an auto reply but did not contain a code. I have 3 other iOS devices this is happening on, would it be helpful to send more reports or do you have what you need?

• hegguardohegguardo
    Community Member
    edited November 29

It may not work for everyone, but when the 1P8 Safari extension on my iPad breaks, the following seems to fix it, at least temporarily:

• Fully close all Safari windows/sessions
    • Open the main 1P8 app
    • Manually lock the main 1P8 app
    • Unlock the main 1P8 app with manual entry of master password (not biometrics)
    • Open Safari and biometric/persistent unlocking of the 1P8 extension has returned

I have had to do this twice over the past two weeks on my iPad, but not my iPhone. Both are using the latest production app and OS releases.

• leounblessedleounblessed
    Community Member

Same issue on iPadOS 16.1, repeatedly asking for master password in Safari – not in app though. Commenting to stay tuned (I guess?)

• xazacxazac
    Community Member

Oh god, the issue is already here. I’m TIRED @1Password.

• AMonitorDarklyAMonitorDarkly
    Community Member
    edited December 3

Fully close all Safari windows/sessions
    Open the main 1P8 app
    Manually lock the main 1P8 app
    Unlock the main 1P8 app with manual entry of master password (not biometrics)
    Open Safari and biometric/persistent unlocking of the 1P8 extension has returned

@hegguardo These steps worked for me when this issue re-occurred for me (again) just now.

@Dave_1P @Ben I’m so sick and tired of dealing with this issue. Are the developers at least aware that this STILL isn’t fixed? What is being done for this? This is the 4th time (I think. . . I’m losing track to be honest) that this has re-occurred.

• AMonitorDarklyAMonitorDarkly
    Community Member

Fully close all Safari windows/sessions
    Open the main 1P8 app
    Manually lock the main 1P8 app
    Unlock the main 1P8 app with manual entry of master password (not biometrics)
    Open Safari and biometric/persistent unlocking of the 1P8 extension has returned

@hegguardo These steps worked for me when this issue reoccurred for me (again).

@Dave_1P @Ben I’m so sick and tired of dealing with this issue. Are the developers at least aware that this is STILL ongoing? What is being done? This is the 4th time (I think. . . I’m losing track to be honest) that this has reoccurred for me.

I’ve spent more time in these forums in the last few months than during my entire 7 years as a 1P customer due to these lingering quality issues with 1P8. I’m about out of patience at this point.

• jtice1jtice1
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue with iPhone SE with touch ID. Every time I need to use a password, every time I open the app, it requires me to enter the master password... and that is super annoying because a) I use a complex pw, and b) because I'm paying for a subscription that's supposed to make pw management easier if not transparent –– but it's a royal PITA. I tried the recommended steps and what I accomplished is that the touch ID request now pops up before it requires my password. I end up having to reenter the pw dozens of time a day!

I do not need this level of security. My phone stays locked and the only way anyone can even get to my apps is with my phone's passcode or my thumbprint, which is to say they cannot. So once I'm in, there is no need to keep authenticating. That's the way 1P used to work was it not? Similar to the Keychain app? Easy. So how do I turn off this useless authentication requirement that no longer works?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file