Safari constantly losing focus with 1Password extension

I've noticed that using Safari on my Mac with the 1Password extension, search fields, the address bar, and other clickable fields are constantly losing focus when I sit on a page for a few seconds. I'm fairly certain it is due to the extension because the menu bar will sometimes even switch over to 1Password when it loses focus. This is very frustrating in that I am now having to double or even triple click into a text field every time I need to type something in. Anyone else seeing this?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @olfin7, sorry about the issue with 1Password in your Safari browser. It is definitely something we'd like to investigate further. Are you able to send a screen recording of the issue to us so that we can eyes on the exact behavior you're seeing?

Please make sure that your recording does not include any sensitive or private information like your passwords. Outside of that though, please include as much of your screen as you can so that we can get the proper context.

Here's how create a screen recording on a Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208721

You can attach the video to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. If the video is too big, please send us an email anyway and we will provide you with a special link to upload your video. The size limit from there is far larger than the size limit for attachments via email.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• olfin7
    olfin7
    Community Member

I was able to reproduce regularly to screen record, but before doing that I decided to do a fresh reboot first. When I did that, all of the issues went away. Looks like it was some sort of configuration issue from a fresh install that just needed a reboot to fix.

• Thanks for the update @olfin7.

I'm sorry for the trouble please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.