Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password.

Options

Comments

• ANOUSIoN
    ANOUSIoN
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P, I'm having the same issue after trying your solution in https://1password.community/discussion/comment/668129/#Comment_668129

My Details:

• Browser: Firefox 108.0
    • 1password version: 1Password 7 - Version 7.9.8 (70908000)

Also, the reason I'm not using 1password 8 is it's not integrated well with Alfred when I tried at a few months ago. To be more precise, I had to have a separate workflow in Alfred and run it every time I wanted to call an 1Password item from Alfred.

• Bigtuna00
    Bigtuna00
    Community Member
    Options

Like others, I don't use the 1Password app on my Mac, only the browser extension (version 2.5.1). I think the desktop integration troubleshooting is a red herring.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ANOUSIoN Could you send us the following diagnostics information the next time you run into the issue?

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigtuna00 if you don't have the 1Password app installed, then the steps to help with this issue would be a bit different. Could you try the following?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app" if it is enabled.
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign back into your account.

If that doesn't help, then please send us your extension console logs the next time the issue appears:

Attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P - Regarding your reply yes Thank you. :)
    I received a reply and I have resent the necessary requested data.
    Kind regards.

• twiddlesThumbs
    twiddlesThumbs
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Joy_1P, thank you for the suggestion on the browser settings, issue seems to have resolved. Prior to that resolution I was able to reproduce the event once I saw the pattern - every single time I made a change in 1Password (new entry, edit, delete) it would trigger the "session expired" event.
    As for 1Password 8, I tried it in March 2022 and the feel was more "app" and less database, things were linked to items, editing felt less user friendly. The search engine was awful compared to the highlighted text in 7. I've got over 1,000 entries and have been with you through versions 1, 4, 7, as standalone and .com. Version 8 just didn't win me over.

• Jono42
    Jono42
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that looks like it worked for me too. All v8 Beta and 2.6.1 Beta extensions, so it's not just 7 that is seeing this.

My setup
    A few Windows 10 and 11 systems - Full desktop app and extensions for Firefox and Chrome
    1Password for Windows 8.9.12 (80912004)
    All extensions are on the Beta and currently v2.6.1
    I get the session errors on my Ubuntu system that doesn't have the desktop app but was all/mostly in the Firefox browser. A session error page would pop up every time I edited something on any of the Windows systems. The extension was still unlocked and it would offer to fill in my 1Password password in.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@twiddlesThumbs I'm glad things are working now. As for 1Password 8, I can understand where you're coming from. We actually have some feedback about the search function in the 1Password 8 app and I'll add your post here to it. I do hope the function can be improved in the future.

Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us if you have any other questions or feedback.

IDEA-I-289

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jono42 glad things are working

• jcone
    jcone
    Community Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

This has been happening across my company (Macs and Windows) - and it seems like it started with the latest version of the chrome extension. Can you please find a solution without requiring companies to have to update to 8 at this time or make every user login and out. This is not selling the use of he app to our users.

• Jono42
    Jono42
    Community Member
    Options

Started happening on mine again. Confirmed "Integrate with 1Password app" is still disabled in that browser. Will try looking more later and will submit logs to support when I get some time.

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi folks - just want to let you know that we've been collecting data on the issue and our developers are looking into it. Thank you for your patience while we dig into the details - and we still welcome any logs or diagnostics you'd like to share with us at our support email address (support@1Password.com).

We'll look forward to providing updates as soon as possible, and hope to have more for you soon.

ref: dev/core/core#19097

• uwalakab
    uwalakab
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @PeterG_1P

• On behalf of Peter, you're welcome @uwalakab.

I'm sorry for any disruption caused.

• posixuk
    posixuk
    Community Member
    Options

As requested, I have sent logs to your support and they have replied with Support ID UWY-18515-882

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you @posixuk! We appreciate the data and will continue to follow up with you over there. 👋

ref: UWY-18515-882

• ps9786
    ps9786
    Community Member
    Options

Just joined 1password from lastpass and having to change so many passwords and having this issue is making me think about moving on.

• I apologise for the trouble you are having @ps9786, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• DigitalJEM
    DigitalJEM
    Community Member
    Options

I just switched from LastPass to 1Password. Changed every one of my 445 passwords using just the chrome browser extension. Never once ran into this issue, UNTIL I installed the standalone Mac app. Like others I saw on redditt, I discovered that quitting the stand alone mac app made the problem go away. Wanted to add my entry here for more info to the team. I'm on 1P7 on this 2010 Mac Pro, so can't update to 1P8 on this machine.

• ogessel
    ogessel
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Windows 11 with Chrome. https://prnt.sc/2AwqLYVHRfRr Any solution in the mean time?

• Bigtuna00
    Bigtuna00
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Getting REALLY sick of this. I am not able to save password updates, not able to save new passwords or add new items. Every time I try edit a site I get a login dialog.

I don't use the 1Password app so the instructions to generate a diagnostic report don't work. I only use the browser extension.

EDIT: I've tried signing out and back in ad nauseam. The symptoms have evolved but this is still really broken :(

• Joshua_ag
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @DigitalJEM, @ogessel, @Bigtuna00 and anyone else in this thread.

Our team has recently released some fixes to 1Password in the browser. Those fixes should resolve most peoples issues with certain setups. Specifically the fixes that have been released really help with 1Password in the browser being used by itself (no 1Password app on the system or the integration turned off) and with users who have a 1Password account that has two-factor authentication enabled. There are more fixes in the works, but not yet released.

Would it be possible for any of you to try out our latest 1Password in the browser beta (currently 2.8.0) and see if your experience is improved at all?

If you are on the latest beta and still having trouble can you let me know your particular set up:

• Do you have two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account?
    • Do you have 1Password in the browser and 1Password the app connected?
    • What version of the app are you running? (I see DigitalJEM already mentioned this, looking for others to provide the same info, if applicable)
    • What browsers do you see this issue?
  • Jono42
    Jono42
    Community Member
    Options

I've got v2.8.0 currently and so far it hasn't happened again. Will keep an eye on it next week and report if I see it again.

• Thanks for the update and for keeping an eye on it @Jono42! We're here if you come across the behaviour again.

• DigitalJEM
    DigitalJEM
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed the beta chrome extension and will report back if I have the issue occur again. Thank you.

• ogessel
    ogessel
    Community Member
    Options

@Joshua_ag Thanks. I've installed 2.8.0 and will let you know if problems still occur. Greets, Olaf

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with 1Password8!

I Tried to logoff from 1Password App and also removed extension.
    Logged in to App and extension, but still the same problem.

I have to relogin to the extension every 10 Minutes.

MS Edge: 111.0.1660.13
    1Password for Windows 8.10.0 (81000056)

• Joshua_ag
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DigitalJEM & @ogessel,

Thanks for trying it out let us know how it goes!

@Ronso,

That sounds like a slightly different issue, though to be sure let's look more into it by confirming your settings. Here's what to check:
    In the 1Password app:
    1. Unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Click the three-dot menu in the top-left of the window.
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Security in the new window that appears.
    5. Check the length of time after the text "Lock after computer is idle for"

Is that set to 10 minutes?

In 1Password in Edge:
    1. Click on the 1Password icon in Edge's toolbar.
    2. Unlock 1Password if need be.
    3. Click the menu icon (it is a circle with three lines).
    4. Click Settings.
    5. Check if the setting is turned on that is titled "Integrate with the 1Password app".

After checking those let me know:

• What were those settings set to?
    • If you change those settings does your experience change?
    • When you unlocked the app and / or extension did you notice any new tabs opening?
    • Do you have two-factor authentication set up within the app?

Thank you in advance!

• Ronso
    Ronso
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joshua_ag ,

I found the problem in my case and it seems that it was my fault.

I use a script, that removes a registry key from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", so my company does not detect 1Password as installed Software.

I saw in developer console, that the extension cannot find the App.
    So I restored the key and voila, the extension gets instant connection to the app.

I now just removes the displayname value from the registry for the software scanner and the app still works as expected.

The complete path must be there:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\1Password

May this information is helpful for anyone.

Again thanks for support and sorry for the circumstances 😁

• Joshua_ag
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @Ronso,

Thanks so much for the update. Glad you figured it out. Yes if you change those keys 1Password is not guaranteed to work as we set them in particular ways to ensure we can communicate between the app and extension among other device integrations. I realize your situation is unique, but in general we do not recommend changing registry keys manually.

This discussion has been closed.