TouchID requires password too often

Options
2»

Comments

• @LarryMcJ

I'm sorry that you're still running into this issue. Have you tried to reset the app as you mentioned that you would try back in December? If you did try a reset and it hasn't helped then I'd like to ask you to create a new diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I did...and it seemed to work for a couple of days, then started this again. The reason I don't think it's on my end is the exact same behavior is on another Mac. Mine is a new M2 MBA and the other is a year-old iMac. I'm going to be on travel for a week, so might not get the diagnostics sent before I leave, but I'll try. Thanks. (BTW, I sent these in previously and nothing was found out of the ordinary.)

• @LarryMcJ

Thank you for the reply. A fresh diagnostics report would allow us to continue our investigation into what is going wrong and to match your symptoms with a few different open issues that our developers are working on. I'll keep on eye out for the report when you're able to send it in. 🙂

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P – Done!

• davebass5
    davebass5
    Community Member
    Options

wow, I went searching for a solution to this, and came across others having the same issue.
    It's pathetic that this is ongoing. Something as secure as 1password is supposed to be, and yet facing us to store password elsewhere just to use the service.
    No other app on my MacBook behaves like this, and I find it insulting for us to be expected to sort this out for the developers.

It's obviously poor coding on their part, but it seems they are looking at all other options to put the blame on.
    Once a week, if im lucky I get to use Touch ID with this program, and I use (try to, been using notes more and more as that at least works) this every day
    Am now looking at other solutions.

• davebass5
    davebass5
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, after trying out Roboform (which im going to move over two after all these years) I can see what's going on with 1password (at least for me).
    If I use my MacBook's built in keyboard and not an external keyboard, i get the option for fingerprint come up every time. If I use my Logitech keyboard I don’t get this. Now the makes sense as it doesn't have Touch ID. The issue now is that Touch ID is turned off even if I go back to my Macbook keyboard. I have to enter a password to unlock it and make sure I never use my Logitech keyboard. This is a silly situation an don’t one I can work with.

I tried the same thing out with Roboform and this remembers that I have Touch ID if Im using that keyboard, and disables Touch ID if I'm using my Logitech. I can go back and forward without it getting messed up.
    So if this is normal, and it seems it is not going to change, im out. Roboform is cheaper anyway, with less hassle as I also don't have to click on the Touch ID icon first. If it sees I have Touch ID that's the default log in system.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

For the benefit of 1Password folks who are currently checking on this for me, I’ll add to this. I, also, have no issues if I’m using only my M2 MBA, but that’s rarely the case. I use an Apple Magic Keyboard with TouchID and an Apple Studio Display. 1Password needs to work with this configuration.

• schack
    schack
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this issue, It's supposed to require typing my password every 14 days, but after Ventura 13.2 upgrade I have to do it every time my screen has been locked :-(

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Months later, I'm still experiencing this. And as previously mentioned by me and others, if I use my MacBook Air, everything works fine. Using the Apple Magic Keyboard with TouchID and an Apple Studio Display, this continues to fail. For me, it's working about 50% of the time. If it's not going to be fixed, could you let me know. Thanks.

• @LarryMcJ

I'm sorry that you're still being prompted for your account password too often. Please respond to the last email in the ticket that you have open from February so that the team can continue to troubleshoot with you. I don't have access to your ticket information or diagnostics report here on the public forums. 🙂

ref: UAR-19468-364

@davebass5 and @schack

I'm sorry for missing your posts and for the delayed response. Please let me know if you're still running into this issue when using version 8.10.3: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• schack
    schack
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I still have the issue

• @schack

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. I see from a previous post that you have "Require password" set to "Every 2 weeks" but are prompted for your account password whenever you unlock your screen. Please reproduce the issue one more time, note the exact time when you are asked for your account password, and then generate a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

The change log in macOS v8.10.7 (81007041) says this has been resolved, and so far it's working fine. Crossing my fingers it's fixed. Thanks! 🙂

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LarryMcJ

Thank you for the update, I'm happy that things are working for you now. If the issue does return then please let us know.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.