1password 8 safari extension

stevew1955
stevew1955
Community Member

I have successfully downloaded 1 password 8 safari extension it and is in the toolbar - what is worrying me is the power it's got to change data and read sensitive information. I have now changed the website settings to DENY, even though it recommends to allow on all websites, but nothing seems to be auto filling now. Any help on this will be appreciated

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS ventura
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• Hi @stevew1955,

I understand your concern and commend you for prioritizing your privacy and security. The 1Password browser extensions request those permissions so they can accurately match websites with your items, identify which fields need to be filled, and fill your data. As such, those permissions are necessary for autofill to behave as fluidly as possible and I do recommend granting them.

I'll share some links to our website that have more details about our browser extension permissions, privacy, and security in case you find them helpful:

The choice is ultimately yours though and there is always the possibility of utilizing keyboard shortcuts across the app and browser extension to copy and paste your data instead. If you want to explore more alternatives, I'm happy to help. Likewise if you have any questions. 🙂

• stevew1955
    stevew1955
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply and links Andrew. I have been using 1 Password for a number of years now so granting those browser permissions is the way forward. You are not going to recommend something that blows away the whole concept of the app. kind regards

• Hi @stevew1955,

Thanks so much for your kind words and continued confidence in what we do. ❤️

Hopefully granting those permissions gets autofill working as expected, but let me know if not and we can investigate.

This discussion has been closed.