Venmo fill in

Options
bshean
bshean
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

When I try to login into Venmo app on iPhone, 1password autofills paypal credentials by default

Comments

• wreevesj2
    wreevesj2
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. What’s up with this?

• Hi both.

It sounds like 1Password isn't able to suggest the correct Login item when you autofill in the Venmo app. This will usually be because the "website" field in the Login doesn't match the app's "Associated Domain" – that is, the website address which is claimed by that app for autofill purposes. For example, the Twitter app claims twitter.com as its Associated Domain, so that items matching that address are suggested automatically.

Here's what to try:

1. Open the Venmo app.
    2. Tap the Password field, then the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard.
    3. Check the "Suggestions For" header that appears in the autofill pop-up that appears.

If you see "Suggestions For paypal.com" in the header, that would explain it. That would tell us that the developers of Venmo have set paypal.com as their Associated Domain, so that's what iOS asks for from 1Password.

If you see something different, could you take a screenshot?

Take a screenshot on your iPhone

🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any real names, usernames, passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible.️ Drag the image into the "Leave a Comment" box to attach it, or use the "📄🔽" attach button in the toolbar above the comment box.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

— Grey

• bshean
    bshean
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey,

Thank you for the reply. The steps you gave give "suggestions for Venmo.com".

The issue I'm encountering is with the initial sign in page.

1. Open the venmo app.
    2. Click 'Log in'
    3. To the left of the 🔑, it says "for www.paypal.com" - 1Password. (note, I'm not clicking the passing field, this is initial fill in?!

screenshot

• Hi @bshean and @wreevesj2 - I'd like to ask you both to send an email to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Our team can then get a closer look at this and help further.

• bshean
    bshean
    Community Member
    Options

[#DNK-24533-162]

• wreevesj2
    wreevesj2
    Community Member
    Options

[#BWU-87127-672]

• @bshean and @wreevesj2

Thank you for posting the Support IDs, I've located your tickets and confirm that they've made it to the right team. One of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: DNK-24533-162
    ref: BWU-87127-672

This discussion has been closed.