1password8 disappearing in background on click

jjiweb
jjiweb
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Mac

on Mac OS Catalina, 1password 8 is open but when selecting anything in the app, the app goes in background

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password8 disappearing in background on click

Comments

• Hello @jjiweb! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is hiding behind other windows when you click on the app window. Can you try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your menubar and click Quit.
    2. Double-click on the 1Password icon in your Applications folder.

Does that allow you to use 1Password again? If the answer is yes, then we're aware of this issue and that our developers are investigating. We plan to include a fix in a future update to 1Password for Mac.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#13788
    ref: dev/core/core#17822

• jjiweb
    jjiweb
    Community Member

yes it does work this way.
    browser extension on Chrome works but in 1password settings i have the error message " we weren't able to connect to the extension

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2022

@jjiweb

Thank you for confirming, we hope to fix this in a future update to 1Password. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience. 🙂

browser extension on Chrome works but in 1password settings i have the error message " we weren't able to connect to the extension

Are you still using macOS 10.15.7? We're seeing a few reports of this happening with users on that version and our developers are investigating. Are you able to update to a later version of macOS to see if that resolves the issue? If it doesn't, or if you can't update, then can you try the following steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Uncheck both "Keep 1Password in the menubar" and "Start at Login".
    5. Wait a few moments.
    6. Check both "Keep 1Password in the menubar" and "Start at Login".
    7. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the menubar and click Quit.
    8. Close all browsers.
    9. Double-click on the 1Password icon in your Applications folder and unlock the app.
    10. Open Chrome.

Let me know if you still see the same message and I'll let our developers know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18979

• danpaulson
    danpaulson
    Community Member

Just to chime in - I'm on Ventura 13.0.1 on a MacBook Pro and am facing the same issue sporadically when using the native OSX client. It usually happens after I click to copy a password. I have to quit the app to re-open to fix.

This discussion has been closed.