Why do I have to use touchID every time I autofill In Safari?

Options
glev
glev
Community Member

I have settings to keep 1pass unlocked. Why does it ask me for touchID ALL THE TIME?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why do I have to use touchID every time I autofill In Safari?

Comments

• Hi @glev

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, December seems to have been a blur. Are you using the AutoFill from 1Password option above your keyboard by any chance? If so, you will be asked to authenticate with Touch ID each time you tap the suggestion above your keyboard to fill in information from 1Password in apps and browsers for security reasons.

However, you may find that our 1Password for Safari extension on iOS to be more convenient since you can unlock with Touch ID and have it remain unlocked to a specified amount of time that you can control. This is on top of the more powerful features we can offer to fill, create, and save items in your 1Password account directly from Safari: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad.

• glev
    glev
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I see the difference. But still annoying to unlock twice - once for username and again for password. Would like a feature the leaves 1Password unlocked for 5 or 10 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.