1Password 8 Autofill on Android 13

Options
peterw
peterw
Community Member

New to 1Password (moving from LastPass)

Installed 1Password 8 on my Android 13 phone:

• In 1Password Settings->Autofill all three items are selected
  • In Android Settings->Passwords & Accounts 1Password is selected as Autofill service

No Autofill in either chrome browser or apps (ie Chase mobile app)

Is this supposed to work?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13 - TQ1A.221205.011
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @peterw, thanks for joining us at 1Password! I'm sorry there's been a filling issue and I would be happy to help with that.

To start, I'd like to ask you to change an Autofill setting then try filling in the Chase app:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

Next you can open the Chase app and tap either field. Does a prompt from 1Password appear on screen? I'd also like to ask you to share a few of the websites where 1Password has not offered to fill in Chrome. Thanks again!

• 1passmatt
    1passmatt
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy , this worked for me! Step 4 was the key. Thank you!

• @1passmatt

On behalf of @ag_timothy, you're welcome.

Thanks for letting us know Step 4 worked for you. 😀

-- Brendan

• TinyTyke
    TinyTyke
    Community Member
    Options

I've done everything peterw did, as well as ag_timothy (incl. step 4)... but still running into autofill issues a majority of the time on my Fold 3, A13 :/ Sams Club, Instacart to name two off rip... I've also tried the force autofill (hold input > autofill), and nothing happens.

So sad ;_;

• Hey @TinyTyke, I see the same behaviour in the Sam's Club app, so I've let our development team know. However, I am able to manually trigger Autofill in the Instacart app.

Can you try resetting Autofill by going to the 1Password app > Top right profile icon > Settings > Autofill > Turn off and on Autofill?

ref: dev/core/core#16229

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member
    Options

1Password app for Android is far, far away from iOS version.
    Autofill is a nightmare, it just works few occasions; most of the times I have to open 1Password app and copy-paste EVERY, SINGLE, ITEM.

This is really unacceptable, is really that hard to make the app to work on Android as smooth as on iOS?

• Hi @xazac, thanks for writing in. I've just followed up with you regarding the same question in another thread: https://1password.community/discussion/136636/autofill-not-fully-functional-on-some-site#latest

This discussion has been closed.