Opening URL in non-default browser

ppochobradsky
ppochobradsky
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

Is there a way to specify to open a URL in a non-default browser? With the latest MacOS, some sites do not work correctly in Safari. Safari is my default browser, and I would like to keep it as such.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ppochobradsky! 👋

Choosing to open certain URLs in a non-default browser isn't a feature in 1Password at the moment. That being said, that's a great idea and I could see myself using that sort of option as well. I know that there are members on the team who like a third-party app called Choosy which allows you to choose to associate certain links with certain browsers but it would be nice to have this functionality be part of 1Password.

I've passed along your feedback to the product team, thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-998

• ppochobradsky
    ppochobradsky
    Community Member

Thanks, Dave—I've been using Alfred with the powerpack with 1Password for well over 10 years. and I have been creating workflows. With the number of sites I need to access using Chrome, it is becoming a pain. I will check Choosy.

• We appreciate your long standing confidence in what we do, @ppochobradsky! I'd be happy to see a feature like this make it to 1Password as well, let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime. 😊

This discussion has been closed.