1P 8 Mac app error: offline & won't reconnect to cloud sync

Options
joshua01
joshua01
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

My 1P account is paid and up to date. On updated mac app 1P v8.9.11. In the upper right I have the orange cloud with a line through it. When I click on it, I get a white text box on the bottom that says "Offline" with a button to reconnect. When I press the button, same error. I have restarted computer multiple times. I'm on a 2021 Macbook Pro 16". This has been going on now for 2 weeks.

Chrome extension works fine.

Only thing I can think of is that the company has not yet allowed the macOS to update - I'm still on 13.0. Please help

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• Hello @joshua01! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password 8 is having trouble connecting to the internet on your Mac. Are you using a VPN or proxy of any sort or any sort of security software like an antivirus or firewall such as Little Snitch?

If this is a work Mac then is it possible that your company is using a proxy or some sort of security appliance that might be interfering with 1Password?

-Dave

• joshua01
    joshua01
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. On my home network. No VPN, no proxy, just comcast. Like I said, didn't give me that error until about 2 weeks ago ...

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@joshua01

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• joshua01
    joshua01
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Support ID:

[#SZK-46268-659]

• Hi @joshua01

Thanks for sending that through to us. I can confirm that we've received it on our end and we should be back in touch shortly to look more into this for you :)

• DemonLlama
    DemonLlama
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! It seems I'm facing the same issue.
    Already sended diagnostics.
    Support ID: [#JTY-97387-878]

1password app: 8.9.13
    Mac OS: Ventura 13.1
    Browser: Chrome 109.0.5414.87

• @DemonLlama

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I've located your ticket and moved it to the correct team. One of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JTY-97387-878

• gdharries
    gdharries
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I too am having the same issues. I followed the instructions as mentioned above.

My support ID is [#WDH-44788-456]

• @gdharries

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into the same issue. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and reach out to you soon. 🙂

-Dave

ref: WDH-44788-456

• cwvdl
    cwvdl
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issues. I followed the instructions as mentioned.

I recieved the automatic answer, but without a Support ID.

Thanks for your help.

• @cwvdl

Your email is here. I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: ZD-105909

• 42pe
    42pe
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, just followed the instructions and sent the email :(

• @42pe

Thank you, I've located your email and one of my colleagues will reach out to you soon.

-Dave

ref: RID-94421-682

• bhashem
    bhashem
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi there, I'm using macOS 12.6.4 (Monterey) and 1P v. 8.10.3 for Mac Desktop and I get the red cloud with the slash thru it. I'm also seeing it on my 1Password for iOS, when I attempt to press the Reconnect button, it throws up several Reconnect mini-windows and then they disappear but I still have the red cloud with a slash thru it. I'm on 1P for iOS v8.10.2 and under iOS Version 16.3.1. I've sent my MacOS 1P diagnostics to the support+forum@ email address. Please advise.

[#TBS-27218-938]

Thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@bhashem

We have your submission. Someone from the team will be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: TBS-27218-938

• henrofu
    henrofu
    Community Member
    Options

I’m also experiencing this with 1P 8 on iOS 16. Hopefully we can get a patch soon…

• Dave_1P
    Options

@henrofu

If you're seeing the offline indicator then it means that 1Password on your iOS device isn't able to connect to your account in the cloud and we'll need to investigate why the connection isn't happening on your particular device. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• henrofu
    henrofu
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    [#KRU-56758-756]

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@henrofu

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleague will review the diagnostic report and send you a reply over email as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: KRU-56758-756

• WGIT
    WGIT
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am having this issue both with 1Password 8 on iOS 16.5 and 1Password 8.10.6 on MacOS 13.4

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@WGIT

I'm sorry that you're seeing an offline message in 1Password on both your Mac and iOS device. Please create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send the entire file.

-Dave

• S2Hill
    S2Hill
    Community Member
    Options

I have been experiencing this issue since the company I worked for was sold and I was laid off. I switched my free family account to a paid one (confirmed shows active and paid on the billing screen). All my devices are showing offline and Safari extensions will not save any new sites. Have removed, logged back in, etc. The work account has been removed on most devices but keep seeing it pop-up when I really dig in. Believe that is underlying issue for me since that account doesn't exist and is not being paid by them anymore. I don't see it in accounts but find traces of it in certain screens.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks @S2Hill

We have your support request.

ref: BAS-42569-582

• jeremygale
    jeremygale
    Community Member
    Options

I've had this going on for many months as well. I just followed the procedure above.

[#JAD-25832-143]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jeremygale

Thank you for sending in your diagnostics report. One of my colleagues will review the report and send you an email as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation there once you've received it. 🙂

-Dave

ref: JAD-25832-143

• jwa
    jwa
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue as @S2Hill. I also was laid off and was signed up for a persona 1P account. For a while both were active but then the company one was shut off, as planned. Sometime after that I noticed the problem with 1P always reporting it is offline and unable to get back online. Still, it seems like when I update 1P with a password on one device, it shows up on 1P on my other device, so seems it is actually online. I would like to fix this error though, as it is unnerving.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jwa

I'm sorry that you're also seeing an offline indicator. Is it possible that the company account is still logged into the 1Password app on your Mac? You can check by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Manage Accounts.

Do you see the company account listed here? Or do you just see your personal account? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jwa
    jwa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Indeed, I see the company account there as well as my personal one. For the company account, it looks like I have the option to Sign Out. I assume that will fix it. Should I go ahead and give that a try?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jwa

Thank you for the reply. If you can see all of the items that you'd like to keep in your personal account when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) and you don't need the company account anymore then you can sign out of the company account.

Let me know if you still see the message after signing out.

-Dave

• jwa
    jwa
    Community Member
    Options

Signing out of my company account fixed the problem! No more offline message or icon. Note, I had to do it both on my computer and my iPhone separately. Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.