Reauthorize a deauthorized device

Options
andamah
andamah
Community Member

Hi. I'm a new user and I was exploring the options in the 1Password.com site.

I thought the "deauthorize" option was more like singing out the devices I was no longer using. I deauthorized a Windows 11 Pro N computer and now it turns out I cannot login into the windows app, regardless of the version. The password and secret keys are correct and I can successfully login into the website and browser extensions. It's the windows app the one not working.

My guessing is that, somehow, deauthorizing the Windows 11 OS I wasn't using is preventing the Windows 11 that I'm actually using, to login.

Is there any way I can "reauthorize" a previously "deauthorized" device?

I already clicked all that it was clickable in the website and in the browser extension with no success.

Thanks,
andamah

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations - Version 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:authorize

Comments

• Simzy
    Simzy
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

If you log into your desktop client, it will allow you to authorise the PC again.

• Hi @andamah, thanks for reaching out!

Deauthorizing a device will just sign you out of that particular device, and shouldn't prevent you from being able to sign back in afterwards. Could you email in to support+windows@1password.com so we can take a closer look? With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.