Apple Watch "Push to approve" not working

drohr
drohr
Community Member

I use my Apple Watch regularly to approve payments at pay terminals or gas pumps. I simply double tap the side button to conduct transaction. This is linked to my credit card (which I guess is actually using Apple Pay).

I have tried to use my set my Apple Watch to open my Mac as well. When I have a log in on Safari that tries to reach back to 1PW I will see small box pop up asking if I wish to allow watch to open or use password. At that same time I get the notification on watch and it says (just like other pay terminal scenarios) "Push side button twice to allow."

When I do the double tap nothing happens and I end up typing in the password. I have tried turning setting on and off in Mac settings.

1Password Version: Mac 8.10
Extension Version: 2.6
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Apple Watch push to approve not working

Comments

• Hello @drohr! 👋

I'm sorry that Apple Watch unlock for 1Password isn't working on your Mac. Can you confirm that you can use the Apple Watch to unlock the Mac itself? If you can then please try these specific steps:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch").
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Uncheck your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac.
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Check your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

Let me know if you still see the issue after trying this.

-Dave

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member

Thanks Dave. right now I have the requirement for me to sign in to my Mac off. It's simply because its is just wife and I and she never uses it....so complete convenience for me. If you need me to require that again, I can set it up and confirm it is working or not if that is what owe need to troubleshoot this.

Just let me know

• @drohr

If the steps that I posted above don't work then I suggest that you temporarily enable the ability to unlock your Mac using your Apple Watch just so that we can make sure that this is working since that would tell us if the issue is with 1Password or the connection between the Apple Watch and the Mac itself.

When I have a log in on Safari that tries to reach back to 1PW I will see small box pop up asking if I wish to allow watch to open or use password.

If you do still encounter the issue after trying my list of steps then can you post a screenshot of the "small box" that you see?

-Dave

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member

Hi Dave,
    Well I did nothing and as these things go it now appears to be working properly. I will keep an eye on things. I appreciate your responsiveness

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

Sounds good @drohr We'll be here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.