stuck in full screen mode

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: stuck in full screen mode.

Comments

• REA
    REA
    Community Member
    Options

So frustrated! I have a mac laptop and I've tried everything I can think of to shrink the size of 1password. It takes up my entire screen. I hope your team is seriously considering changing this back to the previous size.

• timothyrchilders
    timothyrchilders
    Community Member
    Options

Me Too. HELP?

• timothyrchilders
    timothyrchilders
    Community Member
    Options

Found the solutions!
    One option is to shove your mouse to the top of the screen, which will make the Menu Bar for 1Password appear, so that you can choose View>Toggle Full Screen .
    OR you can use the keyboard shortcut Control + Command + F
    NOW I can grab the corner of the window and drag it to the size I want and move it around normally.

• @timothyrchilders

I'm happy to hear that you were able to exit Full Screen. 🙂

@REA

I apologize for the delay in responding. If you're still facing this issue then please try to move your curser to the top of your Macbook's screen and then click on the green circle in the top left corner of the 1Password window:

Let me know if you're still seeing the issue and I can help further.

-Dave

• REA
    REA
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, your response does not solve the issue for me.

• @REA

Can you tell me a little more about what you see on your Mac? Do you see the edges of the 1Password window? If you do then can you hover over and then click and drag on the edges to make the window smaller? You can read more about how to do this here: Manage app windows on Mac - Apple Support (MM)

If that doesn't work then can you post a screenshot of what you see on your Mac? Make sure that the screenshot doesn't contain anything sensitive.

-Dave

• REA
    REA
    Community Member
    Options

I have attached a picture of my laptop when I first open 1Password. When I continue with 1Password, the screen size does not change.
    I have tried your suggestions but to no avail. Dragging on the edges does nothing!
    Additionally, I tried first opening Chrome (which I typically use) and minimizing that window before opening 1Password, but that does not work either .
    I tried the suggestions on the link you sent and those do not help either.
    Hope you have other suggestions. I do appreciate your help.

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

@REA

Open and unlock 1Password using Touch ID. Then, on your keyboard, press the Function (Fn)/Globe key while pressing the F key. Does this shrink the 1Password window?

If that doesn't work then please try the following:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the menu and click Quit.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.

If you're still seeing the same issue then let me know and we'll try something else. 🙂

-Dave

• REA
    REA
    Community Member
    Options

Well, something very interesting just happened! Your first suggestion did not work. When I clicked on the icon in the menu at the very top of my screen, the icon disappeared.....but then I clicked on another 1Password icon displayed in the menu bar to the right and under the black area where the search bar is located and it minimized where it opened to insert my password.
    So at that point I restarted my computer to see if it still opens the minimized window when I restarted it and it does. I guess as long as I use the icon where it is now located I am all set.
    I can't thank you enough for both your expertise and your fast responses.

• REA
    REA
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I wrote back to you too soon. When I open the icon that minimizes the window for 1Password, it wants a password but doesn't recognize the one I have. So I guess I am back to using the icon that maximizes.

• @REA

I'd like to take a closer look at how 1Password is setup on your Mac. Please follow these steps:

1. Get the 1Password troubleshooting utility. The download is a .zip file. If it’s not automatically uncompressed, double-click it to uncompress it.
    2. Double-click the 1PasswordTroubleshooting app.
    3. Click Open when asked if you’re sure you want to open it.
    4. Click Create Report. It may take a moment.
    5. Click Show Report in Finder.

Attach the 1PasswordDiagnostics.zip diagnostics report to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

As mentioned, the report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.