Family accounts not working

Options
hotoutside
hotoutside
Community Member

I paid for a Family account, sent invites to users, then clicked on the emails and then created accounts for each user, and each of them are now "Family Organizers" on a trial account... I've walked through lots of the online docs, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to simply get separate family members onto this thing... Is there a support number or am I doomed to try to troubleshoot for hours over email?

As an aside, after many years of 1Password use, I feel that 1Password has gotten too darn convoluted, over-complicated, and has a really poor user experience. Subscriptions, vaults scattered all over the place, difficult export/migration to new machines, complex separation between work and home vaults, access keys + passwords + web UI + app UI + browser plugins (honestly, wtf...), poor access control UI/UX, syncing woes, web UI has a sidebar on left with randomly segmented content + another sidebar on the right with randomly segmented content + a center area with whatever the hell it's choosing to show out of context with what a user might expect, etc, etc... or am I an outlier here? I really think the designers have missed the mark and this could be redesigned into something MUCH more elegant.

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member
    Options

Steps I took:
    1. Bought a Family License
    2. Logged into 1Password.com and clicked 'Invitations' in the right-side sidebar
    3. Clicked 'Invite by Email' on the left pane
    4. Added the email address and selected 'Family Member' in the modal that displays and clicked 'Invite'
    5. Family member clicked the 'Confirm account' button in the email they received which opened a login screen in their browser
    6. Entered the password for the family member's account and clicked 'Sign In'
    7. Error box shows: "Failed to load person. The requested resource was not found."

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member
    Options

If I click 'Billing' on the right-side sidebar for the Family member it says "Your account is currently in trial"... 🤷‍♂️

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

If I try to repeat the sending of an invitation (Invitations > Invite > enter family email) I get an error that says: "A member with this email address already exists."

Then if I go to "People" in the right-side sidebar, it shows the Family member's email address there. But when the family member logs in, it says they are on a Trial, and there are no vaults there. 🤯

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member
    Options

And Web UI on latest Safari has some awkard buttons:

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Weird thing is that I click "Share vault" only 1 person shows up... me?

Yet if I go to the "People" section, there are 2 active people in the Family... So either search is broken, or something is messed up with the accounts. Is this a bug?

• @hotoutside

Have you confirmed the family members? I do not have access to account details here in the community. If that's not the trouble please email us and one of my colleagues can assist you further by looking into your setup. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

This discussion has been closed.