1Password on Mastodon

Why does 1P opens a new browser tab prompting login...

...immediately upon successful login to the Edge browser extension? How do I stop this unnecessary tab from opening? It doesn't serve any purpose, other than having to close this tab every time!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 1P opens a new browser tab prompting login, after logging in to the Edge extension?

Comments

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Hey @bobkoh,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you provide me with some more detail on the behaviour you are seeing?

Does the new tab have any kind of error message at all? Can you provide me with the link you are taken to or a screenshot of the page?

Any information would be really helpful.

• bobkohbobkoh
    Community Member

It's so weird that the behaviour stopped shortly after my post!

I wish I had taken screen-shots, and no, it did not have any error messages -- simply a page prompting for password as if I haven't logged in.

Nevertheless, it doesn't occur anymore. I appreciate your response!

Thank you,
    Bob

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Hi @bobkoh,

Thank you for getting back to me, that's always the way!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into any further issues.

• bobkohbobkoh
    Community Member
    edited March 23

It's doing it again! I sign-in through the browser extension. A browser tab opens prompting for log-in (again). Please see attached screen-prints in the that order.

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Thanks for getting back to me @bobkoh, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you check the version of 1Password in your browser that you have installed? The behaviour you are running into is an issue which I believe to be fixed in the latest updates.

• bobkohbobkoh
    Community Member

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Hey @bobkoh,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.

I think at this point it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to [email protected] with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bobkohbobkoh
    Community Member

I'll endure it for now -- it's just a matter of closing the extraneous browser tab. Will wait to see if a future release will rectify this behavior.

Would you please DELETE my second screen-print above showing my email and parts of my secret key?

Thank you for your attention.
    Bob

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

@bobkoh,

Apologies again for the trouble, I have removed the screenshot.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file