On iPhone, the app always asks for my password before autofilling, even when it's unlocked

jparis
jparis
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

(I have the 1Password app set to "Auto-Lock on Exit: 8 hours")

I've unlocked 1Password, and as I browse in Safari, I want to autofill something. I put the cursor in the username field, which pops up the keyboard, along with a prompt: "for this website -- 1Password [myusername]".

When I press the prompt, I would expect my information to be filled in immediately, however, it asks me to enter my master password every time. I can switch back to the app and see that it is still unlocked. I can't imagine this is the expected behavior! Is there some way around this, or a setting that perhaps I'm overlooking?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.7.3
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:app doesn't stay unlocked

Comments

• Hello @jparis! 👋

At the moment, this is expected behaviour. Each time that you invoke 1Password using Password AutoFill you'll need to unlock the app. The auto-lock setting that you referred to only applies when opening the main 1Password app from your home screen and not from inside of another app. To make it easier to unlock 1Password I recommend enabling Touch ID or Face ID unlock:

Alternatively, if you're using Safari then you can use our 1Password for Safari extension. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop. It doesn't need to be unlocked each time that you use it.

Here is a guide on how to enable 1Password for Safari on devices running iOS and iPadOS 15 or later: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19987

• jparis
    jparis
    Community Member

@Dave_1P , thanks so much, that is precisely what I need; I didn't even know that iPhone Safari had extensions!

I added the extension, turned it on for all sites, but it won't let me log in. I've tried 5+ times, careful to get my password correct, but it simply won't accept it.

• @jparis

There was partial outage with the 1Password service which might have temporarily prevented you from adding your account to 1Password for Safari. The service should now be back up, can you try setting up the extension again?

If that doesn't work then are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app or extension)?

-Dave

• jparis
    jparis
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Thank you for your help @Dave_1P . It wasn't due to an outage, as I still can't get in.

I am able to login in the browser, but it's not via my.1password.com, it's at [myorganization].1password.com. Perhaps that makes a difference?

• @jparis

I'm sorry that you're still unable to add your account to 1Password for Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jparis
    jparis
    Community Member

Thank you @Dave_1P , my support ticket number is 118531

• @jparis

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: ZD-118531

This discussion has been closed.