Can't save or update passwords. Removed, cleared cache, restarted browser, windows etc.

Options
billharrelson
billharrelson
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Latest chrome, latest 1password plugin. - Followed all the directions, removed plugin, cleared cache and cookies, restarted browser, restarted windows. Continually run into the problem of can't save new password, and can't update passwords. PS. Please date the items on your suggestions - one suggestion says to click on 'quit' in the three dot menu in the plug-in. There is no such menu item. If the post was dated one might reasonably recognize out-of-date suggestions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: win 10 (with updates)
Browser:_ Chrome 111.0.5563.65
Referrer: forum-search:Can't save or update passwords. Removed, cleared cache, restarted browser, windows etc.

Comments

• Hi @billharrelson , I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issue with 1Password in your browser.

If you can provide us with the URL for the page you were viewing, I'd be happy to take a look and make sure there's no issues.

I can confirm that our support pages will show the last date they were updated near the bottom of the page as seen in the screenshot below:

The publish date for a support page on 1Password.com is shown.

As for the issues you're experiencing with the 1Password extension, you mentioned:

Continually run into the problem of can't save new password, and can't update passwords.

Can you confirm if you're seeing an "Unable to save item" error message when trying to save an item?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• billharrelson
    billharrelson
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I can confirm that I am seeing an "Unable to save item" error message. I can't save any new passwords, nor update existing ones without going in to the 1Password vault and doing it directly. LastPass was soooo much better at this.

• @billharrelson

Let's get you over to my colleagues in email support. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

If you would include a link to this discussion. https://1password.community/discussion/138806/cant-save-or-update-passwords-removed-cleared-cache-restarted-browser-windows-etc#latest

• billharrelson
    billharrelson
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thanks

• @billharrelson

I've located your ticket and I see that you're already discussing the issue with the team. Since we have a communications channel open via email I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: HMS-21519-791

This discussion has been closed.