Do shared vaults within a family still work between 1Password 7 and 1Password 8?

Options
nettle
nettle
Community Member

I'm planning to upgrade from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 on my Mac, but cannot yet help a family member, also on 1Password 7, do the same upgrade (and they will need help to do it, which I would aim to do later in the year). We have a shared vault. Is it still the case, as described in https://1password.community/discussion/130050/can-1password-7-and-1password-8-live-together-in-a-families-plan , that sharing remains compatible between the two major versions, so it doesn't matter if I can't upgrade the other family member yet?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @nettle! 👋

Your family can certainly run 1Password 8 on some devices and 1Password 7 on others. The devices that are using 1Password 7 won't have access to new features that are only available in 1Password 8 but they'll still have access to shared vaults.

That being said, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and I hope that you can migrate your family member to 1Password 8 as soon as possible since 1Password 7 will no longer be receiving regular updates.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.