Change the copy user and copy password shortcuts

chutz
chutz
Community Member

I love the shortcuts, but I am having a hard time using the Control-Shift-C to copy the password, and it very much interrupts my flow. I type at about 90 WPM and Control-Shift-C puts too much stress on my left hand.

Would it be possible to make the shortcuts customizable? Both in the extension and the app, please?

For reference, I love the KeePass shortcuts where Control-B copies the username, and Control-C copies the password. I don't expect everyone to find this natural or intuitive (it's almost like a-b-c, first b, then c), but I'd love to have the option of using these.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 21H2 Build 22000.1696
Browser:_ Chrome 111.0.5563.147

Comments

• Hi @chutz! I can absolutely understand how being able to customize the copy-related shortcuts would be helpful in streamlining your workflow. I've filed a feature request with our Product team on your behalf, including all of the details you've provided here.

While I can't make any promises as to if or when this change might be made to 1Password, you can keep an eye on future changes in our release notes: 1Password Releases

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback about this 😄

ref: 32059660

• sylr
    sylr
    Community Member

I'd like to second this request.

I want cmd+c to copy the password, not the username.

@1P_Gem could we have an update on this ?

Thank you.

• Hey @sylr, thanks for the +1 on this.

We don't currently have any updates to share but I've gone ahead and passed your message along to our product team to further highlight the interest in this feature.

Ali

PB-36386711

• enzo42
    enzo42
    Community Member
    edited March 5

I highly support this request. It's a pain that 1Password does not support different keyboard shortcuts for copy username and password!

[Removed profanity, please remember that this is a family-friendly community. -Moderator]

• @enzo42

Thank you for reaching out. 1Password does indeed have different shortcuts for copying the username and the password:

• Ctrl + C: Copy the username or primary field of the selected item.
    • Ctrl + Shift + C: Copy the password of the selected item.
    • Ctrl + Alt + C: Copy the one-time password of the selected item.

Do you mean that you'd like to customize these shortcuts like the others in this thread? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• enzo42
    enzo42
    Community Member

Hi Dave,
    thanks for the quick answer.
    I'm fine with Ctrl + Shift + C. Just could not find that shortcut anywhere.
    brgds.
    Enzo

• I'm happy that I was able to help. 🙂

-Dave