Why won't 1Password for iOS copy OTP?

Options
TimBruz
TimBruz
Community Member

Hi! When I log into Paypal on Safari my OTP (from 1password's authenticator) is automatically pasted into the 6 digit field and I get straight in. On iOS however I have to exit the app, open 1password, copy the OTP, go back to the Paypal app and paste it in.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:paste OTP paypal

Comments

• @TimBruz

Yep there is. 🙂 Open the 1Password settings and tap notifications and then enable one-time passwords. Confirm with iOS and you should be good to go. Now when you fill the TOTP will be added to the clipboard and you can double tap to fill the code. There is no need to interact with the notification itself.

• TimBruz
    TimBruz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, I think I must be missing something - and it could be because my phone just updated to iOS 16.

When I go to Settings/1password I have only 5 options.
    Camera, Face ID, Siri and Search, Background App Refresh and Mobile Data.

I don't see any option for 'notifications'.

Thanks

• @TimBruz

You'll need to enable the setting from inside of the 1Password app, not the iOS Settings app. Try these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your iOS device.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Notifications.
    4. Turn on "One-Time Passwords".
    5. Tap Allow in the iOS prompt that appears.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• TimBruz
    TimBruz
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for explaining where I was going wrong.
    However, having followed your instructions I still have the same issue.
    I can get a little “paste” icon to show up if I tap the first vacant TOTP field, but nothing gets pasted when I tap “paste”.

• @TimBruz

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. When the notification from 1Password appears do you see: Code copied to clipboard: 123456? If you do then can you paste the one-time password into another app like the Apple Notes app? Does pasting not work just in the PayPal app or does it not work in Safari as well?

-Dave

• TimBruz
    TimBruz
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

No problem.

I don’t get a notification from 1Password.
    When I tap in the empty field I just see this:

• @TimBruz

Thank you for the reply. Please check the following:

1. Open the Settings app (not 1Password).
    2. Scroll down and tap on 1Password.
    3. Tap Notifications.
    4. Make sure that Allow Notifications is turned on.
    5. Make sure that "Banners" are enabled.

If you still don't see the TOTP notification, and still can't paste your TOTP code, after doing this then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• TimBruz
    TimBruz
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, all done, here’s the support ID number:

AZA-12339-821

Thanks for your help.

• Your report is here. I appreciate you sending it. Someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: AZA-12339-821

• TimBruz
    TimBruz
    Community Member
    Options

Turned out I needed to switch off Face ID in PayPal app - it prevented 1Password from being involved in the log-in process.

Now it’s turned off 1Password can do its thing. TOTP is copied to clipboard as expected.

Thanks for your assistance.

• You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.