Autofill on 1Password iOS no longer copies 2FA OTP code?

Options
DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member

Hi all
When I log into a website on Safari on my iPhone and autofill via 1Password, I used to be able to automatically paste the 2FA OTP. Recently I have not been able to paste, rather, have to go into 1P and copy the 2FA OTP from there which is highly annoying and can be avoided.

Anyone have a fix for this? I have rebooted the iPhone. Recently installed iOS 16.4 but noticed this also on earlier versions including 16.3.

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 7.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.4
Browser:_ Safari / iPhone 11

Comments

• Hello @DeeEye! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues when pasting a login's 2FA OTP on your iPhone. I see that you're using an older version of 1Password that is no longer supported, as a first step please upgrade to 1Password 8: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for iOS

The upgrade is included at no additional cost if you already have a membership. Once upgraded, please make sure that the "Copy One-Time Passwords" feature is enabled:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings.
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Turn on "Copy One-Time Passwords".
    5. Go back to Settings.
    6. Tap Notifications.
    7. Turn on "One-Time Passwords".

Then fill a username/password into the app again. You should see a notification that 1Password has copied the one-time password to your clipboard. You can then paste the one-time password into the app: Select, cut, copy, and paste text on iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

-Dave

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

I’m using 1P7 as I do not want to change to 1P8’s unfortunate subscription model. So are you saying this functionality no longer works? It was working before!

• @DeeEye

We're no longer actively testing 1Password 7 so it's always possible that some new iOS update may break things. That being said, pasting 2FA OTP codes is working with 1Password 7 on my iPhone. I'd suggest checking the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Password AutoFill.
    4. Make sure that "Auto-Copy One-Time Passwords" is turned on.
    5. Go back to Settings, tap on Notifications.
    6. Make sure that "One-Time Passwords" is turned on.

Check to make sure that you've also given 1Password permission to generate banner notifications in the iOS Settings app.

-Dave

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! notifications were disabled. Thank you

I hope eventually 1Password listens to the customer base and also supports a standalone license option. Regards

• @DeeEye

I'm happy to hear that everything is working again.

I hope eventually 1Password listens to the customer base and also supports a standalone license option.

We're all in on 1Password.com and don't have any plans to support older standalone vaults/licenses in the future. However we are gathering feedback regarding a possible self-hosted version of 1Password.com in the future: Self-hosted 1Password kick-starter

-Dave

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - completed the questionnaire. Fingers crossed as self-hosted is a key advantage some of your competitors currently have.

• Thank you for filling out the survey! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.