Touch ID option on Mac is grayed out

feelx
feelx
Community Member

There are 2 threads concerning this exact issue, both have been closed. The more recent one (https://1password.community/discussion/136566/touch-id-option-on-mac-is-grayed-out from January 2023) was unfortunately resolved in a private Mail Thread. I was also having trouble with my Touch ID due to dry hands. I then added a new fingerprint, which now works for unlocking the computer. However since then, the option to enable Touch ID in the 1Password App has been greyed out. I have tried to follow the steps in the before mentioned previous thread, but it didn't help.

Ventura 13.2
1Password for Mac 8.10.4
Magic Keyboard: Product ID: 0x029A Firmware Version: 1.4.8

1Password Version: Mac 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @feelx

If you'd be so kind as to send us a diagnostic it would be helpful to make sure we are looking at the correct thing. There can be many causes for the ability not to work and the report will help us narrow that. I would also recommend updating macOS first. You're a couple of updates behind and it might help rectify the trouble. If not. the report will help guide us.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: feelx
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/139437/touch-id-option-on-mac-is-grayed-out#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• feelx
    feelx
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy
    Thanks for your quick reply and your assistance! I upgraded to the latest macOS Ventura (13.3.1) and tried the steps to fix the issue once more, unfortunately without success. I've sent the diagnostics as requested.

support ticket number: 127516

• Thanks @feelx

We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: ZD-127516

• feelx
    feelx
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy
    A member of the 1password business support team has reached out to me via e-mail and has helped me to resolve the issue. Thanks for your support!

• Appreciate the confirmation here, @feelx, I'm glad to hear we were able to assist! 😊

• mmcHugh
    mmcHugh
    Community Member

Hello,
    I'm having the same issue with Touch ID. I tried to troubleshoot via the steps above but it didn't work.

• @mmcHugh

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Touch ID for 1Password on your Mac. I see that you've already sent in a diagnostics report, one of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: RKH-15924-781

This discussion has been closed.