Can't Install, keeps saying I used a newer version. How do I trash and start over w 8? 1P refuses to

blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Mac

I pay annually. I do not know what I have insta.lled. I had to clean wipe my drive. How do I run 1P again. I tried both the beta and 8.

1Password Version: I don't know
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023

Hello @blackxacto! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an error message when using 1Password. Am I correct in assuming that you're using a Mac? If you are then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menubar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go To Folder...
    4. In the new pop-up that appears paste: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data and then press return on your keyboard.
    5. Right-click on the folder titled logs and select Compress "logs".

Attach the newly created logs.zip file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

edit: Corrected the diagnostics report instructions.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

1P refuses to run

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

The message is I have run a newer version, so it will not stat up till I get the newer version installed. But I installed the Beta and it still says I used a newer version so I will not start up.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I can't run the diagnostic without 1P running can I?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Is there anyway to trash 1P on my 19,1 iMac, then reinstall 8?

• @blackxacto

I'm sorry for the confusion. Please try these instructions to generate the diagnostics report:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menubar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go To Folder...
    4. In the new pop-up that appears paste: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data and then press return on your keyboard.
    5. Right-click on the folder titled logs and select Compress "logs".

Then attach the newly created logs.zip file to your email.

-Dave

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Just sent out, hope I got it right.

• @blackxacto

I've located your diagnostics report and confirm that it made it to the right team. One of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply over email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: LKD-28392-348

This discussion has been closed.