Please prolong 1PW 7 support

Options
jeroenn
jeroenn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just received a prompt that 1PW 7 support wil be dropped in july

In other posts, using version 7 was proposed as a way to keep using offline vaults. Could you please keep supporting version 7 so that I can keep using offline vaults (or just bring offline vaults back of course)?

(Please no explanations why I should use online vaults instead, my company won't allow it)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @jeroenn! 👋

Did you receive a prompt regarding the old classic extension? It will stop working later this year: The 1Password classic extension will stop working soon

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. While you can continue to use the app for as long as it continues to work on your device, we strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance.

In other posts, using version 7 was proposed as a way to keep using offline vaults. Could you please keep supporting version 7 so that I can keep using offline vaults (or just bring offline vaults back of course)?

We don't have plans to bring back old standalone vaults. 1Password 8 works with 1Password account vaults which can be used even when you're temporarily not connected to the internet. 1Password.com memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read some of our founder Dave's thoughts here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

(Please no explanations why I should use online vaults instead, my company won't allow it)

We have several different options for companies available, I would encourage you to ask your IT department to reach out to the team by sending an email to business@1password.com to discuss this in more detail.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

The browser extension is separate from the 1Password app for all browsers but Safari (on the Mac). That built-in extension for Safari will continue to work unless some future update from Apple breaks things. There were no built-in extensions that came with 1Password 7 for Windows.

The 1Password Classic extension was last updated in 2019. We’ve held on to it for as long as possible, but it was built on older technologies and will not be compatible with future updates to web browsers. The future for 1Password in the browser is our modern extension.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.