You have GOT to change that error message when doing maintenance

Options
User9002130590
User9002130590
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Lounge

I get a pop up prompting me for my password from the Windows desktop app, saying that my secret key or password was recently changed. Freaked me out. I unplugged my computer's network cable and was frantically trying to figure out what was going on, not knowing if I just got hacked.

Then I see on Twitter I'm not the only one, and apparently it's scheduled maintenance, and the error is the result of the server disconnecting?

Everything seems back to normal and the little red cloud icon (no connection I guess) is gone from the 1Password app.

I imagine you just spooked a lot of people...

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.5 (81005021)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• elvaen
    elvaen
    Community Member
    Options

+1, just spent 30-45 minutes looking into the error for the same reasons as OP. Please fix this.

• Hello @User9002130590 and @elvaen! 👋

I'm sorry for the alarm. Yesterday, our Operations team conducted scheduled maintenance on the 1Password servers and some users received a message in the 1Password app indicating that an account password or Secret Key was changed. This appears to have been an unintended side effect of the maintenance. Ignore this message – neither your account password nor your Secret Key has been changed. Now that the maintenance is complete you should be able to sign in as usual.

For more information, visit 1Password Status: https://1password.statuspage.io/incidents/n6f7my821dw8

The team is investigating the situation so that we can avoid it in the future. I'm sorry again for the scare and inconvenience.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.