Passport 8 locking at least in the web icon

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member

I do not know if this is a function of some recent change. I was away for four days and now 1P web icon shows locked after each time I close my browser. I have checked Settings and that has not changed for 1P to lock after 8 hours in inaction.

I subscribe to the nightly update.

1Password Version: 8:10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

It is actually worse than I thought. The web icon shows locked but the main app is open and working. See screenshot

I am typing this having opened the forum with the main app.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Further update. I have changed Settings in the Browser icon from locking after 8 hours to not locking at all. It makes no difference. I quit the browser and 1P locks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Andrew42, sorry to hear about the troubles with 1Password in the browser. If you are using the extension with the desktop app, then the auto-lock settings should not appear in the extension settings. They would inherit the configurations from the desktop app. It doesn't sound like this is happening.

Let's try resetting the connection between the extension and app, as doing so is generally helpful:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit the browser.
    4. Open the 1Password app.
    5. In the app, click '1Password' in the top left corner and select ‘Settings’.
    6. Ensure the following settings are turned on:
      • Under the General section ensure 'Keep 1Password in the menu bar' is checked.
      • Under the Browser section ensure 'Connect with 1Password in the browser' is checked.
    7. Fully quit the 1Password app and re-launch your browser.
    8. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    9. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    10. Test things out with the extension.

If that doesn't help, then I'd like to for you to reproduce the behavior and send us the following:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

It is possible that you are running into a known issue with the nightly build. We'll check for this once we get the details above.

As a note, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Firstly, Thank you for responding.
    I did everything you suggested: no change

I have created the diagnostics report and Console log to the best of my ability. Creating the console log required me to recreate the environment. Since to recreate the environment I have to shut down Edge and therefore the console, I was not sure how to do that. I simply unlocked the browser icon with the console open and saved that.

Two additional bits of info:
    1. If I unlock 1P on my desktop, the web browser icon does not unlock and I have to do that separately. It then relocks when I close the browser.
    2. I use Edge and I get the message that there is an update available. However, there is no update available I am running the latest version of Edge. I do not know if this part of my problem or a separate one altogether. I have read in the forum that I should detach 1P in the Browser from 1P on my PC. I have absolutely no intention of doing that. If there is a known issue here it is for 1P to fix it not for 1P to suggest the user make a sub optimal decision.

• Hello @andrew42,

Thanks for sending along these additional details and your email to the Support team. I apologize for the troubles.

The issue with the shared lock state was recently discovered and extends to other browsers as well. Your report has been added to our internal issue following that email and the team is continuing to investigate.

This issue is only present with the Nightly version of 1Password. If you'd like to revert to the Production version, you can follow the steps below, but please be sure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit so that you always have access to your account:
    1. Uninstall the Nightly version of 1Password.
    2. Follow this guide to reset the 1Password app on Windows.
    3. Download and sign in to 1Password: Get the 1Password apps

If you have further questions or concerns, please continue to do so via email conversation to keep things tidy. We'll respond there soon!

ref: dev/core/core#22209
    ref: RTG-71613-333

This discussion has been closed.