Unable to sign in to a Google account using a saved passkey

Options
13»

Comments

• Fydon
    Fydon
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thank you. I added the passkey to 1Password during the beta. I did just remove Bitwarden, delete the passkey from 1Password and Google. After adding a new passkey for Google, 1Password now prompts on login. Even adding back Bitwarden, the 1Password prompt comes up first (previously Bitwarden did). Strange, but it seems to be working fine now. Thanks again.

• @Fydon

I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. Certain passkeys created during the early beta period may indeed not work correctly due to an issue with how they were saved using that early beta version.

Deleting the old passkey and creating a new passkey, as you did, will resolve the issue and allow you to sign in successfully going forward. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, thank you again for helping us to test passkeys during the beta period.

Since this is an old thread, I'm going to close it to save the original poster from receiving notifications for every reply. If anyone else is running into an issue with saving and signing in to their Google account using a passkey then please create a new thread and my colleagues and I will be there to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.