I am unable to set up Touch ID on my iPad, which is running iPadOS 16.5.

Options
djn15
djn15
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

I want to set up and use Touch ID on my iPad, which is running iPadOS 16.5. I’m using 1Password version 8.10.7. I use Safari and Edge. The iPad Settings offer no option for enabling Touch ID, instead allowing 1Password to access just Siri and Search, and Background App Refresh. This is a recent problem but quite debilitating. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.5
Browser:_ Safari, and Edge
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID iPadOS 16.5

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @djn15

To unlock 1Password with Touch ID, you'll need to have set up Touch ID to unlock the iPad itself first. Open the Settings app, then go to Touch ID & Passcode, and make sure that "iPad Unlock" is turned on.

Then, you'll be able to turn on Touch ID for unlocking 1Password by following the steps shown here: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad.

(Apple don't provide a specific toggle for Touch ID on a per-app basis like there is for Face ID, which is why you can't find it in that particular area of the Settings app.)

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• djn15
    djn15
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Grey. In my iPad Settings, “iPad Unlock” is checked, and Touch ID works flawlessly to open my iPad. I tried to follow the steps in the link you sent, but when I try to select Touch ID within my 1Password security settings, I get a pop-up “Turn on in Settings,” as though 1Password is oblivious to to iPad settings. Any further suggestions? Thanks again in any case.

• djn15
    djn15
    Community Member
    Options

Removing and reinstalling the 1Password app on my iPad fixed the problem. Touch ID now works again.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@djn15 – I'm glad to hear you got things working. Let us know if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.