1Password Login Persistence Issue and Windows Hello Integration

Options
weverton
weverton
Community Member

There is some bug that makes it so that every time I need it to fill in the password, I have to log into my 1Password account. It simply does not keep the session after rebooting the PC, even if you enable Windows Hello, it still requires the password at least once to be able to use it. This flaw is killing the usefulness of 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:login after reboot

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @weverton! I'm sorry to hear that you're having to enter your account password more often than you'd like. As a first step, I would recommend making sure that your auto-lock settings meet your needs. As the desktop app integrates with 1Password in your browser, changing the settings in the app will apply to the extension as well:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and click 1Password near the top.
    2. Unlock with your usual credentials if prompted.
    3. In the top left, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.

There you will find two settings under the Auto-lock heading:

• Lock 1Password when computer locks - here you can choose whether 1Password will lock when you lock Windows.
    • Lock after the system is idle for - here you can specify the number of minutes of inactivity before 1Password will lock, from 1 minute - never.

Additionally, it's expected that 1Password will always lock when your PC is restarted, and this can't be changed. However, if your device is TPM 2.0-enabled, you can make use of the Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello option under ⋮ > Settings > Security in order to allow Hello unlock to persist through restarts.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, let us know 😄

This discussion has been closed.