Pressing Option key to reveal hidden passwords stops working after restarting 1Password

Options
2»

Comments

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm finding this bug very frustrating. Hitting option is second nature after all these years of using 1Password and cmd-r is an awkward alterative. I reboot every morning and it's really annoying that the first time I use 1Password in the day to have to fix the option key in settings. I really hope this bug is fixed soon.

• JuliusH
    JuliusH
    Community Member
    Options

@burnwa I totally agree

@Dave_1P I hope you guys find a fix soon!

• @burnwa and @JuliusH

A fix is being tested in the beta version of 1Password for Mac:

We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent the “Hold key to toggle revealed fields” option from working properly after 1Password was closed and reopened.

Once testing is complete the fix will be included in a future update to the stable version as well. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

@bed

I changed your username to remove potentially sensitive information. If you would like to change it further or to something else please let me know. I'd be happy to help. Feel free to email me using support+forum@1password.com any we can discuss any potential changes.

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

Any ETA on this fix being deployed?

• @brendanc

Assuming all goes well with this fix in the Beta and there's no good reason to retract it, it should graduate to the Production version with the next release, which is the usual process. There's no specific date for that, but you can keep an eye on our release notes to see when it goes live:

1Password for Mac Releases

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, here a gentle reminder that this issue is still happening on 1Password for Mac 8.10.15 (81015001).

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Just to report that the 9/13 release did not fix it for me. I also see that I cannot get the reveal to work at all in the browser extension. Did that use to work?

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@burnwa

I also see that I cannot get the reveal to work at all in the browser extension.

You can reveal concealed fields in the browser extension by pressing Control-Option on your keyboard. If that isn't working then please create a new thread in our extension category so that we can investigate further.

-Dave

• Hello everyone,

1Password for Mac version 8.10.16 now includes a fix for the issue that could prevent the “Hold Option to toggle revealed fields” option from working properly after 1Password was closed and reopened.

You can find instructions on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you all for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to work, great, thanks.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work.

I just updated to 8.10.16 and the option key is working. Finally some good news.

• I'm glad to hear things are back as they should be. :)

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

Option key is working! And thanks Dave for that info about control-option in the browser extension; that works perfectly.

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

• khaaan
    khaaan
    Community Member
    Options

Much better now! Thank you for the clear communication and quick turnaround!

• @khaaan

Thanks for confirming that everything is working for you again. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.