Age limited to download 1Password app on iPhone

Options
chrisWJI
chrisWJI
Community Member
edited August 2023 in iOS

I recently try to install 1Password app on my child’s iPhone but failed to do so.
May I ask what’s the age limit to install 1Password on iPhone for children?
Is it restricted by age of Apple ID holder or restrictions selected under screen time section in iPhone setting?

I tried to search the posts here and also faq but could not find any answers.

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @chrisWJI

1Password 8 is rated 4+ on the App Store, so will be available for anyone, including child Apple IDs.

1Password 7 had to be rated 17+ because it included a built-in web browser, so double-check that's not what you're looking at instead. We did find that limited parentally-controlled Apple IDs, and thankfully that's not a problem now with 1Password 8.

You can find a direct link to 1Password 8 in the App Store here: Get the 1Password apps – iOS.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• chrisWJI
    chrisWJI
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey, thanks for your reply. However, I still cannot download directly on my child’s iPhone 12mini with iOS16 and all content protection turned off. When I click download, it asked me to input Apple ID password for twice. After that nothing happened. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

• chrisWJI
    chrisWJI
    Community Member
    Options

I just found out a workaround. On my child’s phone, I went to app store and found 1Password from my own purchased app as we are in same family group. I can then download it from there without any problems.

• @chrisWJI

I'm happy that you were able to find a workaround. I don't believe that the message that you saw is related to the age rating since, as Grey mentioned, 1Password 8 is rated 4+.

It's possible that the App Store is asking you for the credentials of another Apple ID. If you're looking to dig into this deeper then I suggest contacting Apple Support since they'll be in the best position to assist: Official Apple Support

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.