Feedback: Button To Hide Keyboard While Editing; Make Rearranging Button Delay Like A Haptic Touch

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

Can you add the ability to hide the keyboard while editing items? For example, the iOS keyboard can show a “Done” button right above the keyboard. An alternative to a “done” button could be to tap somewhere outside of a field to hide it.

My second request is to add a very short delay when tapping & holding on the button that rearranges fields (the one on the very right, the icon with 3 horizontal lines). There used to be a delay (tap and hold), but it was too long, and now there’s no delay. I’d like it to behave almost as if it’s a (fast) Haptic Touch thing (or if familiar, like the old 3D Touch).

To slightly lower chance of accidentally rearranging fields while scrolling.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.18 81018008, on BETA channe
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @nimvio! 👋

Thanks for the feedback! I'll reply below:

Can you add the ability to hide the keyboard while editing items? For example, the iOS keyboard can show a “Done” button right above the keyboard. An alternative to a “done” button could be to tap somewhere outside of a field to hide it.

Can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to hide the keyboard when editing? The keyboard is needed to actually input the characters needed when editing an item and there's not much that you can edit without the keyboard. If you do perform an action that doesn't require the keyboard, like generating a new password or changing the date, then the keyboard moves out of the way automatically.

My second request is to add a very short delay when tapping & holding on the button that rearranges fields (the one on the very right, the icon with 3 horizontal lines). There used to be a delay (tap and hold), but it was too long, and now there’s no delay. I’d like it to behave almost as if it’s a (fast) Haptic Touch thing (or if familiar, like the old 3D Touch).

It looks like we're following Apple's lead here. If you open the Apple Maps app and enter two different destinations, moving the destinations works the same way as moving fields does in 1Password. That being said, I've forwarded your feedback to the team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-36091443

This discussion has been closed.