How to change settings for suggested password

Options

The suggested passwords are too short for my idea...

How can I change the settings?
Even IN the save-object dialog it is not possible to generate a stronger password.
That was way better in older versions.

Why isn't there a way to just generating a password in a form with right-click without creating an account (need this very often)?
It's a little annoying that I pay for a password tool on a monthly base - but always forced to a third party web password generator.

thx
Regards, Dave

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Ventura
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Hello @D@ve,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry for any trouble. If the option "Smart Password" is set, then the Password Generator will suggest passwords that meet the password requirements of a website.

You can still access the Password Generator from the 1Password extension, here's how:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click the Menu ( ☰ ) icon beside the search field and select "Password Generator".
      • Alternatively, you can use the CMD⌘ + G keyboard shortcut after the extension pop-up is opened to open the password generator.

You can then set a different type to generate a password and set that as default.

That being said, I do understand the usefulness in adding the password generator in the context menu to quickly access it. I've shared your feedback to our product team.

I hope that helps! Let me know how things go, @D@ve.

-Evon

ref:36168018

• D@ve
    D@ve
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you...

will suggest passwords that meet the password requirements of a website.

I want 1password to match MY requirements...

Where can I change the settings for the suggested passwords? The solution you described is rather inconvenient.

regards, Dave

• Hi @D@ve,

I understand you're looking for a way to change the default behaviour of the password generator. My colleague has included instructions above on how to change the default behaviour of the password generator. Here is the instructions with a little more detail:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click the Menu ( ☰ ) icon beside the search field and select "Password Generator".
    3. You can now change the "Type" as well as modify settings dependent on the type selected.
    4. Select "Use as default for suggestions".

Let me know how that goes or if you have any further questions.

Franky