Fill and update login adds it to Samsung Internet instead of the right app

Options
xiscosc
xiscosc
Community Member

When I log in to an app that has a login with a web in-app, 1Password updates the login and adds Samsung Internet as an app for that login, instead of the real app.

I noticed this when I switched from a Google Pixel using Chrome to a Galaxy using Samsung Internet.

The same happens for suggestions, if I only have the app in the login and there is no URL, 1Password does not suggest anything because it thinks that I'm on Samsung Internet instead of the real app.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13 / One UI 5.1
Browser: Samsung Internet

Comments

• Hi @xiscosc, thanks for writing in and reporting this behavior.

Just to confirm, for sign-ins where Samsung Internet is used as a in-app browser, you're finding that Samsung Internet can be added as the linked app instead of the app in question? Could you share an app where you have encountered this behavior so we can help investigate further?

As a workaround, switching to a different default browser may help:
    1. Open device settings.
    2. Select Apps.
    3. Select Choose default apps.
    4. Select Browser app.
    5. Select Chrome or another supported browser.

Thanks again!

• xiscosc
    xiscosc
    Community Member
    Options

Few apps: Zalando, Zoho People, Zoom (with SSO)

• Hey @xiscosc, thank you for sharing those apps, and my sincere apologies for the delay in response. I will pass these along to our development team.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to add URLs to your items so that 1Password can suggest the correct Logins while you're on Samsung Internet. Alternatively, if you would like to revisit Chrome, this should not be an issue at all in Chrome.

• xiscosc
    xiscosc
    Community Member
    edited January 4
    Options

Hi @ag_audrey / @ag_timothy , any news on this?

Adding the URL on 1Password does not solve the problem, it looks like 1Password thinks that I am inside an app instead of a browser, so it does not suggest anything. Then if I find the correct login, it gets updated and adds Samsung internet on it instead of the URL of the website.

Then that login item appears all the time on Samsung internet regarding the URL since 1Password has it linked to Samsung internet.

I have attached a recording
    https://www.veed.io/view/20523149-6278-489b-8ec0-012b48fb7f28?panel=share

I see that my first post was a bit confusing since I said the right app instead of the right URL, my apologies.

Everything works well in Chrome, but I would like to be able to use Samsung internet.

• IanPaulF
    IanPaulF
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. It's really annoying, as I'd like to be able to properly use the built-in browser.