How to associate a 1password record with a specific mac app?

Options
Alexxxxxx
Alexxxxxx
Community Member

I have found this tread:
https://1password.community/discussion/112386/how-to-associate-a-1password-record-with-a-specific-mac-app
But it doesn't work for me and already closed. 1password is up-to-date. Just simple test doesn't work. I've used default mac terminal app.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Alexxxxxx! 👋

Thanks for the question! The thread you linked to is from a few years ago and involves advice for an older version of the app.

Since you're using 1Password 8, you can associate a Login item stored in 1Password with an app on your Mac by using Universal Autofill: Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

The first time that you fill into an app, if 1Password doesn't make the link automatically, you'll see a message asking if you want to link that item to the app:

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• Alexxxxxx
    Alexxxxxx
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks for the answer, Dave
    It works for me in the terminal for the Mac Login password only, but it doesn't work for the server that I want to login with a password and otp token. Is it possible or not?

• @Alexxxxxx

Thanks for the reply. At the moment, you can use Universal AutoFill in the Terminal to fill your Mac login for sudo commands. I'm let our product team know that you'd like to fill other types of information into the Terminal prompt as well.

For now, you'll need to copy and paste, or drag and drop, your server information from 1Password into the Terminal. Alternatively, you might be able to use SSH to login to your server if that's supported: SSH and Git, meet 1Password 🥰

-Dave

ref: PB-36324334

This discussion has been closed.