Quick access has the previous website initially until re-summoned

Options
r3r344r4
r3r344r4
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Mac

I have the Safari integration as well as the desktop app. I notice that when I open up quick access on a new tab, it has the previous website listed in the suggestions. If I change nothing else, dismiss and re-summon Quick Access using my keyboard shortcut, then it correctly picks up the current tab's URL and shows the available logins.

I know it's not an issue of window focus because I checked that.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040)
Extension Version: 21600003, on STABLE channel
OS Version: macOS 13.6.1 (22G313)
Browser: Safari Version 17.1 (18616.2.9.11.9, 18616)

Comments

• Hello @r3r344r4! 👋

I'm sorry that Quick Access isn't showing the right suggestions on your Mac. That being said, I can't reproduce the issue on my own Mac. These are the steps I'm following:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Open a new tab and navigate to a website.
    3. Press Shift-Command-Spacebar to open Quick Access. Note that the appropriate suggestions are shown.
    4. Press Esc to dismiss Quick Access.
    5. Press Command-T to open a new tab.
    6. Press Shift-Command-Spacebar to open Quick Access.

At this point I don't see the suggestions for the previous site. Can you tell me if you can reproduce the issue following these steps? If you can't then do your steps to reproduce the issue differ and, if they do, can you post them here?

-Dave

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

These steps you posted don't reproduce for me either. I think it has something to do with the MacBook locking screen or sleeping between summons of quick access. I was able to reproduce with this.

1. Open two different websites that have login entries in 1password in two tabs.
    2. Summon quick access for one tab, escape to dismiss.
    3. Lock Screen, put Mac to sleep
    4. Wake Mac, summon quick access
  • @r3r344r4

Thanks for those steps! I'm still not quite able to reproduce the issue. So that the team can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.