Touch ID Prompts Twice every time with Cmd+\ Hotkeys

Options
Rahvin
Rahvin
Community Member

Hello,

I recently moved from 1Password 7 on a non-touch-id mac to an M2 with Touch ID. Much like this discussion (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/697527), whenever I use the hotkeys I normally do to open 1Password (cmd+), I am prompted for Touch ID twice - clearly to open BOTH the browser extension and 1Password itself. Pressing something like the esc key doesn't remove the second prompt. I have to use the mouse to click cancel or double-touch-id to open both. During quick workflow this is quite annoying.

What is the simplest way to make there be only one prompt? I don't want to have to click on the 1Password logo in the browser each time - hotkeys are faster. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.15.1 (Firefox)
OS Version: 14.0
Browser: Firefox, all browsers with extension.

Comments

• Hello @Rahvin! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted for Touch ID twice, that definitely doesn't sound right. So that we can investigate further, can you please do the following:

1. Update to macOS 14.1.1. Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support (CA)
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Reproduce the issue again.
    4. Generate a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• justinmburrous
    justinmburrous
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

+1 this issue, I have...

• Apple M1 Pro
    • OSX 14.1 (updating to 14.1.1. now, will update if this resolved anything).
    • 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040).

This has actually been happening for a few weeks, ~100% consistently. Double prompts with both touch ID on my MBP with the laptop open but also double prompts on my Apple Watch when it's closed as well. Happy to provide further information / debug info if that helps.

Edit (below)

With OSX 14.1.1 and 1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020036) I run into the same issue, confirmed with touch ID and apple watch. This does NOT happen if I enter my password instead of either touch ID or watch options though. I can 100% repro this by manually locking and then using Cmd+\ to try to un-lock again.

• @justinmburrous

I'm sorry that you're running into the issue as well. Can you please try the steps in my previous post and send in a diagnostics report as well.

-Dave