Face ID failing and unreliable after update

Options
13»

Comments

• @inter4ever

We're testing a fix in the beta version of 1Password for iOS. Once testing has confirmed that the fix fully resolves the issue, and that there aren't any problems, then we'll include the fix in a stable release as soon as possible.

I'm sorry for the continued trouble.

-Dave

• davidparke
    davidparke
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I’m not alone. Really hoping this is fixed soon. I’ve sat quiet for too long about it.

• @davidparke

Thank you for the report and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26726

• 356racecar
    356racecar
    Community Member
    edited February 13
    Options

I’m unsure if this is still an issue for all, but I went to the Settings->Passwords (in iOS) and when doing so, was prompted to use my passcode for iCloud passwords instead of facial recognition. I entered my passcode as instructed and iCloud passwords then worked with facial recognition.

I then went back to 1Password and the facial recognition was working again.

• @356racecar

Welcome to the community! Was Face ID not working at all for you? Or were you running into the same issue as the folks in this thread where Face ID will fail the first time that you try to use it to unlock 1Password when filling a login but will succeed if you try a second time?

Changing Face ID settings for iCloud Keychain shouldn't affect 1Password.

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited February 21
    Options

Hello everyone,

Our developers have made improvements to Touch ID and Face ID for 1Password on the iPhone and iPad. Please update to 8.10.26: How to keep 1Password up to date

After updating, you might see the issue one more time but biometric unlock should work properly after that. If you're still consistently running into the issue when using 8.10.26 please let me know and I can investigate further.

-Dave

• RealmOfLight
    RealmOfLight
    Community Member
    Options

It’s a bit early to know for sure, but it appears the issue has been resolved. If it starts going haywire again, I’ll report back. Otherwise, all looks good.

Thanks for the update!

• kart29293
    kart29293
    Community Member
    Options

That looks promising! Thank you very much!

• SamerY1P
    edited February 21
    Options

@RealmOfLight and @kart29293,

Thanks for letting us know that our latest release resolved the issue for you! I'll pass this along to our development team.

If the issue ever reappears, please let us know so we can investigate further.

-Samer

• bm206
    bm206
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to work now. No problems since last update yesterday. Thx

• @bm206

Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

-Dave