Passkey not found

Options
DavJean72
DavJean72
Community Member

I created passkeys for my gmail accounts, and 1password shows that a passkey was created. I can see this entry on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac in 1Password.

When trying to sign into gmail on my iPhone, first log in, I'm choosing the option to scan a QR code. I've unlocked my iPad, scanned the QR code and I receive "There are no matching passkeys saved in 1password for google.com"

I've checked in Settings, Passwords, Password options, 1Password is checked for use passwords and passkeys from (no other check marks). Autofill passwords and Passkeys is enabled.

in 1password for the websites for this gmail account I have myaccount.google.com; google.com; and mail.google.com.

Any suggestions on what else I should check or change?

1Password Version: 8.10.21
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: iPadOS 17.1.1 iOS 17.1.1
Browser: safari

Comments

• Hello @DavJean72! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue when using a passkey to sign into Google. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your iPad.
    2. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. For "Show filling suggestion from" make sure that your entire account is selected.

Then try to sign in to your Google account using your passkey again. If that doesn't work then can you tell me if you're trying to sign into the Gmail app on your iPhone? Or to the Gmail website in Safari?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• DavJean72
    DavJean72
    Community Member
    Options

I had not checked that autofill setting yesterday. My entire account name is already showing

Initially I was trying through the built in Mail app. When that didn't work I also tried through the gmail app, and also google.com in safari to try to rule out all the methods.

I also just tried to log into that same account on my iPad and scan the QR code with my iPhone. I get the same "There are no matching passkeys saved in 1password for google.com"

I've also tried another Gmail account and get the same no matching passkey error

• @DavJean72

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. Can you try signing into your Google account in Safari using the 1Password app on your iPhone rather than scanning a QR code using your iPad. Follow these steps:

1. On the Home screen of your iPhone, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to sign in to Google.com in Safari using AutoFill on your iPhone, rather than scanning a QR code: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if that works.

-Dave

• DavJean72
    DavJean72
    Community Member
    Options

I Checked the password option in my iPhone, those settings were enabled.
    I am able to log into that account through google.com on the iPhone, but only using other MFA methods.

• @DavJean72

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. I was able to reproduce the issue momentarily and the following fixed things for me:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPad.
    2. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Turn "Show filling suggestions" off and then back on.

Let me know if that works for you. 🙂

-Dave

• DavJean72
    DavJean72
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Nope, still didn't work.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@DavJean72

I'm sorry that things are still not working. I'd like to take a step back so that I can better understand the situation:

1. Did you save a passkey for sign in to your Google account using these steps? Or did you have add a passkey for as a second factor for two-factor authentication?
    2. Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you try to sign in using a passkey and see the message that no passkey was found?

-Dave

• DavJean72
    DavJean72
    Community Member
    Options

Those were the steps I used when I created the passkey for the google account.
    When I go into my google account on my desktop it does show I have a passkey and the date created matches the creation date in 1password across all my devices.

Last night I did sign into Facebook on my iPad and I did scan the code with my iPhone to use the saved passkey, so passkeys in general are working with 1Password.

The attached is what my iPad shows after I scan the code trying to use the passkey

The second photo is the entry for that login and it does have google.com associated with it, along with other variations I tried initially thinking that was the issue when it said I didn't have any passkeys associated with google.com

• howardoakland
    howardoakland
    Community Member
    Options

I experienced the same error on a client's computer, and then on my test computer. Passkey was created on the Mac in Google and stored in 1Password. I logged out of Google, was able to log in using the passkey in 1Password. Next, I went to a user account that did not have 1Password active. Begin login at Google, presents a QR code to scan with the phone. Get the message "There are no matching passkeys saved in 1Password for google.com.

I repeated the same test process on hyatt.com using a passkey. Presented with QR code, and it logged me in.

Appears to be an issue with google and 1Password.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DavJean72

Thank you for the reply. I'll pass along that information to the development team investigating the issue, can you also tell me which version of 1Password and which version of iOS you're using on both your iPhone and iPad?

@howardoakland

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue. Can you try the steps that I posted earlier in this thread:

1. Open and unlock 1Password from your iPhone's or iPad's home screen.
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Turn "Show filling suggestions" off and then back on.

If that doesn't work then can you also tell me the version of 1Password and iOS/iPadOS that you're using?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26427

• howardoakland
    howardoakland
    Community Member
    Options

My computer: 1P v81024006, macOS 14.2.1. Client 1P 8.10.23, macOS 14.1.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 3
    Options

@howardoakland

Thanks for that information, since the There are no matching passkeys message appears on iOS devices, can you also tell me the version of 1Password and iOS on your iPhone?

And can you please confirm that the steps in my previous comment don't work for you?

-Dave

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    Options

Was there a resolution to this? I am experiencing a very similar issue:

1. Have added a Passkey for a web site to 1Password
    2. Can sign into the web site using the passkey in 1Password
    3. But if I use a device that does not have 1Password or if simply don't user 1Password and the the QR comes up, when I scan that on my iPhone it does not find the passkey in 1Password that I know is there because I just used it to sign in.

TL;DR cross platform QR code reading and signing in with a passkey on my iPhone 1Password app is failing.

• @happycappie

Assuming that your iPhone is running iOS 17.3 or later, double-check that Password AutoFill is set up as it should be:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • "AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys" is turned on
    • 1Password is checked in both sections
    • all others, especially “iCloud Passwords & Keychain", are unchecked.

If that's already the case, try turning filling suggestions off and back on to flush any old caches there:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the account and collection chooser (the icon in the top-left corner) and choose Settings...
    3. Choose AutoFill.
    4. Turn "show filling suggestions" off and back on, and check that it's suggesting from (at least) the 1Password account containing your passkey item.

Then try scanning a QR code from the other device again and see if it appears this time. Let me know how that goes. :)

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I got it to work. The issue was that settings/autofill did not have all of the 1Password accounts enabled. It was defaulting to a personal one that did not include the passkey it was searching for.

• @happycappie – Glad you got it working! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

• xtremetoonz
    xtremetoonz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue as those above. I've followed the suggestions around resetting the 1Pass "show filling suggestions" off and back on as well as verified my iOS (iPhone on 17.3.1) Password settings have AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys on and only 1Pass is selected under both sections. I also turned these settings off and back on. I still get the message after scanning the QR code on my laptop from my phone that there are no matching passkeys for that site (accounts.docusign.com) and that URL is in 1Pass for that item.

• @xtremetoonz

I'm sorry that you're seeing a message that says "There are no matching passkeys", can you confirm that your entire account is selected for AutoFill by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on your iPhone.
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. For "Show filling suggestion from" make sure that your entire account is selected and not just a collection.

Can you also confirm that you're using version 8.10.26 of 1Password on your iPhone: Find the version numbers for 1Password and your operating system

If your account is already selected, and you're already using 8.10.26, then can you open the 1Password app on your iPhone and confirm that you see a passkey saved for Docusign, it should look like this:

-Dave

• xtremetoonz
    xtremetoonz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Yes to all.
    Entire account is selected for show filling suggestion.
    App is at 8.10.26
    Docusign item shows the icon you point to above.

• Thanks for confirming those details, @xtremetoonz!

In order to take a closer look, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the behaviour and send over some diagnostics from your device:

Please attach the diagnostics report to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread, along with your username.

After sending the email, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

-David

• xtremetoonz
    xtremetoonz
    Community Member
    Options

@david.m_1P, Ticket #ITI-85976-418

• Dave_1P
    edited February 29
    Options

@xtremetoonz

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and directed it to the correct team, one of my colleagues will send you another reply via email as soon as they've reviewed your diagnostics report. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: ITI-85976-418

• xtremetoonz
    xtremetoonz
    Community Member
    Options

I wish I had a more constructive and helpful follow up with my issue. In regards to my issue with Docusign, I deleted the passkey in 1Pass and removed from my Docusign profile and re-added. My issue before was that Docusign would pop up a QR code and using my phone wouldn't properly match to my mobile 1Pass Docusign item. After deleting and re-adding, I no longer get a QR code prompt and my 1Pass browser extension works as expected integrating with the passkey response. So my issue is fixed, but not necessarily the issue I had with the QR code.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@xtremetoonz

I'm happy that signing in with a passkey using the browser extension is now working. If you do run into any other issues, such as signing in using a passkey on your phone, then please reply to the last email in your support ticket and the team will be there to help further.

-Dave

• lol
    lol
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue with Google. It presents a QR code, I scan it with my iPhone and click the prompt to "use passkey" (or whatever it says), 1P is queried for a "google.com" passkey which I do have exactly as everyone else ITT, and then I get the "no matches" error. Yes to all your other questions thus far, @Dave_1P, including suggestions at workarounds. App version is 8.10.30.

Submitting diagnostic report from your instructions.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@lol

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue and that none of the suggestions in this thread helped. Your diagnostics report made it to the team and one of my colleagues will reach out to you soon via email to help find a solution.

-Dave

ref: YEY-72683-569