Auto-Lock Options for 8.x

Options
B0neDaddy
B0neDaddy
Community Member

In 1Password version 7.x, there were "12 Hours" and "1 Day" options for the "Auto-Lock" security feature. I'd really like to have those back.

My password is long and tedious, as it should be, but I don't like having to type it in every day for my home computer when I have it set for 8 Hours. In version 7, I had it set for 12 Hours, and this worked out perfectly ... if I was away long than this, then the auto-lock was welcome.

Jumping from 8 Hours to "Never" is too much. Can we have an in-between option back?

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.7.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @B0neDaddy! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I see that my colleague has previously passed along your suggestion and I've let our product team know that you're still eager to see other auto-lock durations added to 1Password 8.

For the time being, if your Mac supports either option, I recommend using either Touch ID unlock or Apple Watch unlock so that you can more conveniently unlock 1Password:

Alternatively, you can change your account password to be easier to type in while still being secure by following our guide: How to choose a good 1Password account password

-Dave

ref: PB-37334314

• B0neDaddy
    B0neDaddy
    Community Member
    Options

Well, my home Mac does not support TouchId, nor do the security settings include any options for Apple Watch (because my Mac does not support "Secure Enclave").

As for changing the account password ... well, that just makes it easier to crack from any other device that a more exposed than my home computer.

As a software developer, I do understand feature request backlog ... it also means I know this one is probably pretty easy to complete. I appreciate your timely response. Hopefully your dev team can find a way to work this request into an upcoming release.

• @B0neDaddy

I'm sorry that Touch ID and Apple Watch unlock aren't options for unlocking 1Password on your Mac. While I can't make any promises, your request has been passed along to the team for consideration.

Thank you for helping us make 1Password more useful for you. 🙂

-Dave