Touch ID for 1Password Chrome Extension has stopped working

Options
brtan
brtan
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

App version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.20
Chrome Extension : 2.18.0

Touch ID works for the app version but not for the Chrome version. Please advise. Thanks !

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.18.0
OS Version: Sonoma
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Any one?

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @brtan! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. As a first step, please update both the desktop app and 1Password in the browser:

Then, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Both apps are updated. I have tried to restart the Mac and the browser. It's not working.

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

I did the 4 steps and it's still not working. Please advise. Thanks

• Hey @brtan,

Thank you for getting back to us. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Steph. I will try to do it ASAP. It's a nightmare having to copy and paste it.

• Thanks @brtan, hopefully we can see what's going wrong and get this resolved as soon as possible. I understand the frustration especially when you are unable to fill your passwords.

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @steph.giles , I am not getting any case numbers from Bitbot.

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies. There was a slight delay. Here's the case number : [#AUG-53634-515]

• brtan
    brtan
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to a swift resolution

• @brtan

Thank you for posting the Support ID. The report is with the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible via email.

Since we have a communications channel option with email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: AUG-53634-515

This discussion has been closed.