iPhone Chrome Autofill not working

Options
jmax2016
jmax2016
Community Member
edited December 2023 in iOS

Using Chrome on my iPhone 15 with Autofill has always worked with no issues. Now all of a sudden today I try to autofill and chrome says "Open 1Password to add your account" Message.

I have searched and found others saying to turn off autofill and back on for awhile or several times but this did not work. Also uninstalled chrome and 1password and still nothing. I also power cycled the phone.

Any help?

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.2
Browser: Chrome 120.0.6099.119

Comments

• Hello @jmax2016! 👋

I'm sorry that AutoFill with 1Password isn't working in Chrome. Are you still able to use iOS AutoFill in other apps like Safari? Or do you still see the same message there?

I know that you said that you already tried turning AutoFill off and then back on but can you try these steps in order:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn 1Password off.
    4. Turn 1Password back on.
    5. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS from your Home screen.
    6. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    7. Tap AutoFill.
    8. Turn AutoFill off.
    9. Turn AutoFill back on.

Then try to fill your login again: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if you still see the same message. 🙂

-Dave

• jmax2016
    jmax2016
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like it’s working now. I actually didn’t do anything after I posted this and just now tried it again after several hours.. works now.

• @jmax2016

I'm happy that everything is working again. 🙂

-Dave