Auto lock time for ios safari extension

Options
jayhouse
jayhouse
Community Member

I have the Mac desktop app and Mac Safari extension time out linked to be 1 minute and the iOS app to auto lock immediately, for security yet the minimum auto lock time for the iOS version of the Safari extension seems to be 15 minutes. Is there a reason this minimum time is so long compared to all the others? Or why there's no consistency between all the apps and extensions?

Especially on a mobile device 15 minutes seems way too long. If someone happens to snatch my phone out of my hand whilst it's unlocked all someone needs to do is keep the phone alive to gain access to every single password I've ever created. This seems like a massive security issue. Are there plans to reduce this lock out time? Ideally I'd like it to match the iOS auto fill feature and require biometric unlock every single time I want a password auto filled otherwise I'm just going to have to disable the iOS Safari extension, which would be a shame as it's otherwise excellent.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks @jayhouse

I'll get a feature request before the team for the iOS extension to share the same lock settings. I'm afraid I do not know of any plans, but it's also entirely possible that something already exists and a team is working on it. That feature request is to ensure your voice is heard.

ref: 37602748