1Password beta freezes computer

Options

This morning after restarting my computer I found that my computer would freeze up shortly after logging in. After trying to turn off some individual login items I finally turned off all of them and are reenabling them as needed. Everything worked fine until I tried starting the 1Password program. The program never appeared, and after a bit the mouse would not move the pointer and the keyboard did not work. I finally had to power-cycle the computer to get it working again.

Also, I had similar results when using the browser extension. It froze the system on the authentication step.

1Password Version: 8.10.24-6.BETA
Extension Version: 2.19.1
OS Version: Intel Ventura 13.6.3
Browser: Arc

Comments

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    Options

More on the extension part. If I log into my 1Password account on the web via the the browser then the extension works. If I try the extension without doing that then the computer freezes.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 3
    Options

Hello @beirne! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that your Mac is freezing, the team would definitely like to investigate this further.
    Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, unfortunately 1Password doesn't even come up enough to get to the Diagnostic control. Is there a way to do it from the command line?

• @bernie

Would you be able to get the log files from the device?

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go to Folder.
    4. In the new pop-up window that appears paste:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

5. Press return on your keyboard.

6. Find the folder titled `logs' and right-click on it.
    7. Click Compress "logs".
    8. Attach the logs.zip file that is created to your message.

email those to support@1password.com

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    Options

I've uploaded the logs. Here's the ticket number: #STX-55495-949

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    Options

I see there are debug and trace options if I start 1Password from the command line. Should I try one of those?

• @bernie

Please check your email. Let's continue the conversation there.

ref: STX-55495-949