Safari Extension Not Unlocking

Options
Ocean West
Ocean West
Community Member
edited January 4 in 1Password in the Browser

1P is open and unlocked but the browser ext has a lock and clicking on it has a button open 1P it flashes for a second but comes back. I have turned off the extension and turned it on, still locked. I go to settings and it is connected to 1P and shows green. I've deleted and reinstalled the extension several times but it just will not connect to 1P

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: 14.2.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Ocean West! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with Safari on your Mac. As a first step, can you try the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• Ocean West
    Ocean West
    Community Member
    Options

It finally did on my iMac but it won't on my Macbook

• Hey @Ocean West,

I'm sorry for the trouble on your MacBoook. It would be useful hereif we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• lotech
    lotech
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having this problem for the last month or so - and previously a few months before until it fixed itself. Exactly the same problem. Will send logs too.

• @lotech

It looks like my colleague Chris has replied to you please continue the conversation via email. Thanks for the submission.

ref: IYR-11673-321