Removing an account from company I no longer work for - iOS

Options
murakamiandcoffee
murakamiandcoffee
Community Member
edited January 8 in iOS

I read through the forums and the instructions from your team were to delete and reinstall the application. I have done this. However, when I open the application again it still shows my old work account.

1Password Version: iOS 8.10.23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.2.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @murakamiandcoffee! ๐Ÿ‘‹

The account suggestion that you're seeing in the 1Password app on your iOS device is being shown because the 1Password app has found a 1Password account information in your iCloud Keychain. In order to make it easier to sign into your 1Password account on your Apple devices 1Password will store an encrypted copy of the equivalent of your Emergency Kit in the iCloud Keychain.

If you have an account being found in the details stored in iCloud, and you no longer want that account to show in the list of found accounts, you can remove the data from iCloud keychain by using a Mac that is signed into the same Apple account as your iOS device:

1. On the Mac, launch the "Keychain Access" utility that comes with macOS. (If you see a prompt asking you to manage your passwords in System Settings, click โ€œOpen Keychain Accessโ€.)
    2. In the search box in the upper-right corner of the app, search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" (without the quote marks).
    3. Each search result you see is one account's details that are stored in iCloud Keychain.
    4. Double-click on the entry you want to examine.
    5. Tick the "Show password" box at the bottom of the Attributes tab, and enter your macOS user password when prompted.
    6. The contents of the box will show the stored account details - you can click into the box and use the up and down keys on your keyboard to see all of the details.
    7. When you have identified the entry that relates to the specific membership you no longer want to have recorded in iCloud Keychain, delete that one com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials entry.

I hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• murakamiandcoffee
    murakamiandcoffee
    Community Member
    Options

This is actually what I tried previously. On both Macs I have 1Password installed on. In addition to deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone.

I went through your instructions and hit 'show password' and then entered my Mac Keychain password. Only one item showed up in the list. This happened on both Macs. I actually tried the 'show password' on the login items, local, system, and system roots on the left. None of them showed more than one entry. I did not make any changes to anything this was a view only thing.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@murakamiandcoffee

Thanks for the reply. Are you signed into the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and your two Mac computers?

Only one item showed up in the list.

Does this item correspond to one of your 1Password accounts? If not the work account then a different account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• murakamiandcoffee
    murakamiandcoffee
    Community Member
    edited January 5
    Options

I would imagine it has to correspond to the account I am using on the Mac. The only instance of 1Password on both Macs is the downloaded application itself.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a way to check. But it would seem odd if the only Keychain entry is for a different account than the one the application I am using.

Should also mention the instance of the old work account showing up is only when I login on my iPhone. And persists when I delete and reinstall the app.

Maybe I am missing something. While I wait for your response I'll login to 1Password.com and see what is showing there.

(update) There is nothing else showing on 1Password.com

• murakamiandcoffee
    murakamiandcoffee
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I am signed into the same Apple ID on the four devices that I use:
    Macbook #1
    Macbook #2
    iPhone
    iPad

However, I should note that I only have one feature enabled with iCloud. 'Find my phone/device'. Other than that nothing else. No iCloud Drive, no iCloud backup, no Health, etc....just the device locator setting.

I am also logged in with my Apple ID for the App Store and apps like Messages, Facetime. I don't even have iCloud on for Contacts. I use Google for virtually everything.

The same is true for all of my devices not just my iPhone. Just the 'Find My' and the Messages app, App store, etc...

In terms of matching the keychain password to the account. How would I do this. Is there some number or indicator of which account/vault is with. I definitely can't access the work account. It was definitely probably deleted.

I have a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro. Both Sonoma. Where would I check. And also I don't think it lets me delete 'single entry items' from Keychain. I think this may have been something I tried when I originally attempted to fix this issue.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@murakamiandcoffee

When you click "Show password" using step 5 in my instructions above, you'll be able to see account information by scrolling through the field next to "Show password".

However, I should note that I only have one feature enabled with iCloud. 'Find my phone/device'. Other than that nothing else. No iCloud Drive, no iCloud backup, no Health, etc....just the device locator setting.

To have iCloud Keychain sync between devices, so that you can remove the appropriate entry using your Mac, you'll need to turn on iCloud Keychain on all of your devices:

Once you've turned on iCloud Keychain on each of our devices, restart each device and then let them sit for at least an hour so that they can sync. Make sure that they all have access to the internet. Then use your Mac to try the steps in my first reply again.

Let me know if that works. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• murakamiandcoffee
    murakamiandcoffee
    Community Member
    edited January 8
    Options

Issue resolved. Please mark this ticket as Closed. Thanks for the help @Dave_1P

• Dave_1P
    edited January 8
    Options

I'm happy that the issue is resolved. As requested, I'm closing this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.