Need help with sign in to websites .Can you help me ?

Options
CAWwindy1
CAWwindy1
Community Member

When I go to the website from my 1Password account and go to sign in sometimes the sign in box will show the 1Password icon with the lock on it.When I try to sign in the 1Password sign in page will show up and I have to sign in with my master password. Is there a way to keep this 1Password open so I don’t have to sign in every time? I have the 1Password app set to stay open for 30 minutes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @CAWwindy1! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted to unlock 1Password for Safari more often than expected. You can choose how often you're asked to unlock by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap on Safari Extension.
    4. Choose the desired option for "Reauthorize After".

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• CAWwindy1
    CAWwindy1
    Community Member
    edited January 10
    Options

When I Open 1Password it stays open for one hour. When I go to SETTINGS & then Safari Extensions in my 1Password account it indicates that it will Reauthorize after 1 day![](https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/tm/6lhsmmmbcfj9.png ")and there is no other option to choose from. It did not work.

• @CAWwindy1

Thank you for the screenshot. I see the following message there:

To keep the Safari extension unlocked, go to Settings, choose Security, then turn on Face ID.

Have you tried these steps to turn on Face ID for 1Password? You can find a guide on how to turn on Face ID here: Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad Pro

-Dave

• CAWwindy1
    CAWwindy1
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have an iPad Pro. I have an iPad Air (5th Gen ) with 1Password 8 & I just bought a 2023 MacBook Air that I will be loading with 1Password once I have completed the migration transfer from my old 2013 MacBook Pro.

• @CAWwindy1

Thank you for the reply. I have the same iPad Air myself, you're right that it doesn't have Face ID but it does have Touch ID on the button on the side of the iPad. I'll report the mistaken wording to our development team, I'm sorry for the confusion.

If you haven't already, then can you try to turn on Touch ID for 1Password on your iPad Air to see if that improves the situation: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave