1PW Family with different 1PW Versions?

Options
RickiKing
RickiKing
Community Member
edited January 15 in Mac

Hi,
I have a 1PW account and share it with my wife. On her iMac she is still on macOS Catalina and thus Safari 15xx. For various reasons she can not upgrade to a newer MacOS version.
Now, since some time, the 1PW Safari Browser extension keeps reminding her that she needs at least Safari V16+ to work properly. She does not want to use other browsers.
Is it possible to downgrade her account to 1PW V.7 and still have full access to the family account? Or any other suggestions?

Thx

_1Password Version: Mac 8.10.23 (81023003)
_Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @RickiKing! 👋

Thanks for the question! With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported. I don't recommend using this older version any longer.

On her iMac she is still on macOS Catalina and thus Safari 15xx. For various reasons she can not upgrade to a newer MacOS version.

Is her Mac no longer eligible to receive updates to a newer version of macOS? Or is your wife not updating for other reasons such as application compatibility?

macOS Catalina hasn't been updated for over a year now which means that it's missing several important security updates. I only recommend running the latest versions of both MacOS and 1Password. Older versions of any software don't receive the latest security updates and, as a security company, 1Password always recommends being up to date with the latest patches and updates available.

If your wife is unable to upgrade macOS and Safari to a supported version then I would recommend trying another supported browser. There are several excellent options that 1Password includes full support for:

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Brave
    • Edge

You can download 1Password for these browsers here: Get 1Password in your browser

-Dave

• RickiKing
    RickiKing
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P!
    Thank you for your reply.
    Her Mac is not eligible to receive updates to a newer version of macOS.
    I will try to convince her to try Chrome or FF.
    Cheers

RickiKing

• Sounds good. Let me know if you have any other questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave