Browser extension doesn't integrate with app

Options

I have had the app/browser extension work before and it is a thing of beauty. It's not working for me at the moment, and I've no idea what I need to do to get it there - this is a week old installation. I will state the obvious to be clear - all apps have been opened, but I still get this:

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey @datakid,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in the browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

Steph, thank you, much appreciated. The number I was sent is [#BYF-76589-747]

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

The solution was to use the OS (Ubuntu) supplied package manager (apt) version of Firefox (either Canonical or Mozilla - I went Mozilla) rather than the OS installed version of Firefox, which was installed using snap.

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks team!

• Hey @datakid,

Thank you for the update, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles just following up on this issue. I've just had a little OS dance because my regular update cycle replaced the .deb installed Firefox with a snap installed Firefox. Had to remove and reinstall the deb.

Some quick research shows that Mozilla plans on abandoning distributing the Firefox deb at some point. Do you know if 1password are working with Ubuntu and Mozilla to fix the integration issues?

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

I've posted on this issue previously here.

I am having the same problem, and I think it's related.

When Ubuntu upgraded my Firefox using snap, against my wishes, I implemented using the Mozilla PPA .deb files, and pinning Firefox in /etc/apt/preference.d to that version.

The 1password desktop app is no longer integrated with the browser app. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on. Is that because I am using the Mozilla PPA to install Firefox?

As I noted in my previous question:

Some quick research shows that Mozilla plans on abandoning distributing the Firefox deb at some point. Do you know if 1password are working with Ubuntu and Mozilla to fix the integration issues?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: 2.22.1
    OS Version: Ubuntu 22
    Browser: Fx